1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not a Bug Alert bug?

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by Tracy Perry, Mar 26, 2013.

1. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

Was on the xenForo site and got an alert. When I opened it up this is what was showing. Two entries, same person, same time.
    Adam Howard likes this.
  2. Dodgeboard

Dodgeboard Well-Known Member

You have two posts in that thread - he liked them both within the same minute.
    Adam Howard and Brogan like this.
  3. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Are the alerts for the same post?
  4. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

It may very well be a bug. But could this happen if person x likes >> unlikes >> likes in a space of a few seconds and the 2 likes still get logged? I'm unsure just more curious.
    Adam Howard likes this.
  5. Adam Howard

Adam Howard Well-Known Member

I've been busy. :p

I can confirm getting this "double alert" as well.
  6. Tracy Perry

Just got it again from the like on the orignal post by Adam.
    Dodgeboard and Adam Howard like this.
  7. Adam Howard

Maybe the site can't keep up with me. :ROFLMAO:
    0xym0r0n likes this.
  8. Dodgeboard

Dodgeboard Well-Known Member

That's because after he saw your post, he went back and unliked it, then liked it again. Adam Howard is messin with ya. ;)
    Adam Howard and 0xym0r0n like this.
  9. Tracy Perry

If so, got one thing to say for him.
  10. Pereira

Pereira Well-Known Member

xenForo doesn't show an alert if something was "Liked" and then "Unliked". If an alert for a "Like" was seen by the user, then that alert will be removed if the post was "Unliked" thereafter. That's how it seems to work in 1.1.3 at least.
  11. Tracy Perry

That's the way it SHOULD work. Liking, then unliking, then liking again should be filtered out into just one alert, unless you are going to alert on the unlike, then the liking again.
  12. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

I've looked at your two alert screenshots and I don't understand your point.

You made two posts in the Church thread and Adam liked them both = 2 alerts. That's correct.

You made a post in this thread that Adam liked = 1 alerts.

Total = 3 alerts from Adam Howard's likes.

There is no liking and unliking...
    Adam Howard, Dodgeboard and Pereira like this.
  13. Onimua

Onimua Well-Known Member

Even if there was unliking/liking, the moment something is unliked the alert would be deleted.
    Adam Howard likes this.
  14. Adam Howard

LMAO... Now there's a theory ..... Conspiracy much? :p:ROFLMAO:
  15. Tracy Perry

What can I say... been a long day. Spent last night and this morning installing (for free) 3 new Dell PowerEdge 520's and setting up WinBlows 2012 Essentials on them, SQL Server 2012 one one of them, moving the databases from the old server to the new, moving all their web applications over and some other junk for my doctors office. My "think straight" cap was skewered slightly. :sick:
    I didn't pay close enough attention to see the second alert in the image was not from Adam, just keyed in on the green "Not a bug".
    Did I mention I did the work for free? :confused:
  16. James

James Well-Known Member

Didn't Mike mention something back in 2010 about if you've been alerted for something (such as a like) and you've read it already, it isn't cleared from your alerts because you've already read it? I think he compared it to deleting something from a newspaper once you've already read it, it's pointless because it's already been read.

I can't remember.
  17. Onimua

Onimua Well-Known Member

The way I read the initial post was that they saw the alert bubble but had not clicked it yet. And I believe that statement refers to the news feed, not alerts.
    James likes this.