XF 2.1 After migration, I'm trying to set things the way they were

Dimitrios

I have moved from vBulletin 4.2 to Xenforo 2.1.1 and right now I'm trying to set things the way they were, which is not a trivial task. Too many things to take care of.

To start with.
a) I notice user posts await moderation. Even from old members.

I used to have new members in the "Registered" group. There more stricked rules applied. At times, I'd choose to have this group's posts moderated.

Then, after 10 days and 10 posts, they'd change group and become "Group A" members. They'd be allowed to bigger avatars and their posts wouldn't be moderated.

How can I disable posts moderation?

Thanks

Will I be able to send html formated newsletters with SMTP?

Anyway, when I check SMTP I need to type some info like host / port / username / password. Where do I get all that?

What server management panel are you using? Cpanel? or something else? go to your server management panel>email> it should give you the setting for your email.

host: yoursite.com
username: email address
Password: email password
Port: 25

IIRC I asked them about it before starting the Xenforo installation but they said it was not possible to do it.

That is why I said to you earlier use the SMTP method. some host won't turn that on but xenforo email should execute with no issue.

It's Plesk.

I'll go to bed now. I'll get back to it tomorrow.

In between, one more thing:

e) I used to have a custom tag [ΠΛΟΚΗ] [/ΠΛΟΚΗ] for spoilers. Right now, all spoiler texts are visible, since there's no such working tag in my brand new Xenforo installation. And I see that Xenforo has a build in spoiler tag.

I'm thinking of running two SQL queries directly through phpmyadmin replacing all [ΠΛΟΚΗ] with [SPΟILER] and all [/ΠΛΟΚΗ] with [/SPΟILER] in the posts table.

Do you think that should solve this problem?

It's Plesk.

I'll go to bed now. I'll get back to it tomorrow.

In between, one more thing:

e) I used to have a custom tag [ΠΛΟΚΗ] [/ΠΛΟΚΗ] for spoilers. Right now, all spoiler texts are visible, since there's no such working tag in my brand new Xenforo installation. And I see that Xenforo has a build in spoiler tag.

I'm thinking of running two SQL queries directly through phpmyadmin replacing all [ΠΛΟΚΗ] with [SPΟILER] and all [/ΠΛΟΚΗ] with [/SPΟILER] in the posts table.

Do you think that should solve this problem?

That is out of scope. I can't really comment on the spoiler issue. I think Find and Replace can be done easily.

The direct MySQL query worked. Just for the record, here are the two queries that replaced the old tag (ΠΛΟΚΗ) with the new one (SPOILER) :

SQL:
UPDATE xf_post SET message = REPLACE(message, '[ΠΛΟΚΗ]', '[SPOILER]') WHERE INSTR(message, '[ΠΛΟΚΗ]') > 0;

UPDATE xf_post SET message = REPLACE(message, '[/ΠΛΟΚΗ]', '[/SPOILER]') WHERE INSTR(message, '[/ΠΛΟΚΗ]') > 0;

I managed to set correctly the SMTP and now emails are sent with no problem.

One thing though. My domainname consists of greek characters.

When an email message is sent to a member, if it is an @outlook.com account the greek characters in the link appear in html code form ( https://%CE%BB%CE%AD%CF%83%CF%87%CE%B7.gr ) which is a mess.

If it's a @gmail.com account they appear correctly ( https://λέσχη.gr )

So, in @gmail.com :
as a working hyperlink.
Visit Λέσχη του Βιβλίου

In @outlook.com :
[https://%CE%BB%CE%AD%CF%83%CF%87%CE%B7.gr/forum/index.php]Visit Λέσχη του Βιβλίου
and the hyperlink doesn't work

Is there anything I can do about this? :unsure:

Last edited:
f) I'd like to disable the "People" Smilies category

When I click on the smilies button, when I write a post, there appears a long list of smilies labled "people". I'd like to totally disable/delete these.

When I go to ACP > Content > Smilies I don't see them there.

Does anybody know how to disable/delete them?

Thanks

Top Bottom