XF 2.1 Advice on restricting form text.

I have finally found a way to stop all spammer registrations, and it has been working great so far!

What I have is a custom user field that asks the prospect to tell me a bit about themselves and why they want to join.
Spammers, being non-human parasites cannot respond properly, and either don't bother, or just paste their drivel in the box like the single celled automatons that they are.

Either way, none ever pass registration now.

What I would like to do however, is block certain text in that new input box so it brings them to my special "Spammer hate page" instead of even submitting the input for rejection.

For instance, I would like to search the input data for the phrase "wallgreens" or "diet", and then redirect them here...
https://www.atomiczombie.com/spammers/

Once I am able to do this, I am going to replace that page with another "fake" registration page that makes them jump through all kinds of questions and fake capthas like the brain dead circus monkeys that they are. Every second of their time I waste makes me feel good. I am all about balancing the force.

I am not afraid to sink my teeth into a bit of PHP, but I am not sure where to start with this.
Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Brad

Last edited:
Top Bottom