Resource icon

Advanced Styling Rules for XF1 v1.0.4

No permission to download
Seems like this almost creates a micro style business. Maybe people will pay $5 for a cool Members Tab style.
or $5 for a cool forum specific skin.

Actually would that work ? If I have a Ferrari forum .... could I style it and all it's subforums and threads that style ?

Seems like this almost creates a micro style business. Maybe people will pay $5 for a cool Members Tab style.
or $5 for a cool forum specific skin.

Actually would that work ? If I have a Ferrari forum .... could I style it and all it's subforums and threads that style ?
You could do that actually simply by using the vanilla functionality of XenForo.
Simply edit a node, be it a forum or anything, and assign a specific style for it in the settings.

EDIT: Now (2/Apr/2012) that I've rethought your post, I can't say I'm sure for the validity of my response...

EDIT: Now (22/Nov/2012) I'm pretty sure for the validity of my response...

You could do that actually simply by using the vanilla functionality of XenForo.
Simply edit a node, be it a forum or anything, and assign a specific style for it in the settings.

EDIT: Now (2/Apr/2012) that I've rethought your post, I can't say I'm sure for the validity of my response...

alexD, I have just installed your add on based on your advice in a thread I posted.

I can get this working perfectly to style specific pages. For example:

http://www.valvetime.net/pages/competition/?style=fb
http://www.valvetime.net/pages/competition

But actually one thing I want to do is style our XenPorta home page if it is accessed with ?style=fb to a different style. Is this possible? What would be stopping this? Perhaps not compatible with XenPorta?

Chris

XenPorta is put on our index page using Jake Bunce's Route Changer. We needed the Route Changer for some other purpose but using that prevents us from using the built in XenPorta options for changing the routes.

This is how the route changer is configured. It is the suggested configuration provided by Jake in the description of his Resource.

routechanger.webp

A bit more detail.

With this configured as portal -> to index and the rule exactly as your screenshot above, I get nothing.

I would have thought with my configuration the rule would be configured as below, but this also doesn't work. The "News Feed" style should be the same as the standard style only 800px fixed width and no header/navigation.

rule.webp

Ok so I got it working. Excuse the styling it's not actually finished yet.

http://www.valvetime.net/?style=fb

The rule that worked looks like this:

http://www.valvetime.net*?style=fb

rule.webp

I'm not sure if this is a bug, or not, but I can't make sense as to why that works, and my original rule doesn't. But it almost doesn't matter - because your addon is brilliant. Well done!

Is there any mobile agent list we can edit like one we have from Cezz's auto switcher?
I want to exclude iPad from the mobile list, for example.

Is there any mobile agent list we can edit like one we have from Cezz's auto switcher?
I want to exclude iPad from the mobile list, for example.
Hi Andy,

The same list selections could be used as a single regular expression. Something that would require some regEx knowledge though.

The solution to your problem is an easy one: ^((?!iPad).)*$
howTo_iPad.webp

ok, this looks amazing, but im a little confused. im trying to use this to detect mobile devices and switch them to the XFS Mobile theme automatically. I've tried setting isMobile to Yes, and saving the rule, but nothing happens on my mobile devices. i tried picking opera for the browser and is mobile to yes and nothing happened either. i have the mobile theme selected. do i need to select all the usergroups too?

thanks!

ok, this looks amazing, but im a little confused. im trying to use this to detect mobile devices and switch them to the XFS Mobile theme automatically. I've tried setting isMobile to Yes, and saving the rule, but nothing happens on my mobile devices. i tried picking opera for the browser and is mobile to yes and nothing happened either. i have the mobile theme selected. do i need to select all the usergroups too?

thanks!
Hi there,

Try creating a new rule (*this is to ensure there are no other rules of higher priority that could overwrite the style selection*).
Change only the 'isMobile' sub-rule to 'Yes'.
Check the XFS style.
Create rule.
Does the problem persist?

isMobile() is a core XenForo function.
One of its main purposes is to disable the rich BB code editor when a mobile device is detected (to increase response / decrease buggy behavior I suppose).
My add-on uses the exact same function - hence the sub-rule name.

If the style is still not overwritten, please tell me if you see a rich BB code editor on the bottom of this page.

:)

alexD I may of shoved a few people your way with this plugin, sorry :rolleyes: .

I referenced this plugin in my XFS Mobile style, but told them to donate if they can too!

Hi there,

Try creating a new rule (*this is to ensure there are no other rules of higher priority that could overwrite the style selection*).
Change only the 'isMobile' sub-rule to 'Yes'.
Check the XFS style.
Create rule.
Does the problem persist?

isMobile() is a core XenForo function.
One of its main purposes is to disable the rich BB code editor when a mobile device is detected (to increase response / decrease buggy behavior I suppose).
My add-on uses the exact same function - hence the sub-rule name.

If the style is still not overwritten, please tell me if you see a rich BB code editor on the bottom of this page.

:)

my mistake, it is indeed working, it's just on some of the more obscure mobile platforms is isn't. like my rooted nook simple touch running opera mobile :P

that's a really obscure platform, so im happy with it as is. thanks a lot!!!

alexD I may of shoved a few people your way with this plugin, sorry :rolleyes: .

I referenced this plugin in my XFS Mobile style, but told them to donate if they can too!
Wow, thanks for the publicity Russ :)

To everyone who is using Russ' mobile style; Please donate to him first! He has done a really great job!!

my mistake, it is indeed working, it's just on some of the more obscure mobile platforms is isn't. like my rooted nook simple touch running opera mobile :p

that's a really obscure platform, so im happy with it as is. thanks a lot!!!

You're welcome :)

And thank you for that, Russ. It saved me many headaches.
I end up using Alex mod and remove Cezz's one.

This begs the question for newbies -- how do I install this? Can't find any directions. Thanks.
Every add on is almost the same.

This particular one:

Download the ZIP.
Extract.
Upload only the js, library and styles folders to the root of your XenForo installation.

Then go to your Admin CP, go to Install Add On and browse to the file in the files you extracted called addon-daThemeSetStyleForX.xml

So if I use this as a mobile style switch will this prevent the style from going back to mobile after I switch it to a normal forum theme? Cause when I browsed my site from my phone, cezz mobile style switch would automatically switch the site to XFStop Mobile. That was great. The problem was if I was on my phone and switched it back to full site, cezz switcher would switch me back to mobile.

Top Bottom