Advanced Rules [Deleted]

Interested in this addon but getting this error on your Demo link:

B5Haq22.png

When my users sign up, they cannot see the rules. Yet they need to agree with it.
My registered users can also not see the rules.
After 2 months no response from the author.

That's unfortunate, I would really like to use this as a warning prior to users visiting our resource manager. Does the author have a website and is he active there or just MIA?

@au lait is visiting here but not his own website. Unfortunately he doesn't respond to bug reports in this thread, nor in the thread for the dead links manager addon.

If a user is excluded from being forced to read the rules, then they also cannot agree with the rules. The solution seems to not exclude usergroups.

EDIT: this also doesn't work, because if you do not exclude guests then all guests get blocked from viewing your site.
If you do exclude guests, then new users cannot see the rules when they sign up.
It makes no sense to me.

Last edited:
Hey @Alfa1, since your running this: For my use I'm just looking to add a warning prior to the resource manager (only registered users can view the resource manager). Would that work in the addon's current state?

Notice applies to everyone for a set period of time, this would apply on use of the resource section and to those who went there rather than a notice's carpet bomb approach. Really liked how this stores a user's acceptance too. Just looks perfect for our use case.

No, you can set many criteria for showing notices. You can show a dismissible notice to all valid members viewing the RM who have been a member for less than 30 days. If there is an addon that adds criteria for the number of resources then you can this criteria would be useful as well. You can also opt to display it on the create resource page only.

Interested in this addon but getting this error on your Demo link:

B5Haq22.png
Thanks! Fixed!
xenMade - Demo now works again

I've updated to this latest version and now my editor is completely missing. I can't enter or edit rule text.

What am I missing here?
In the demo, the editor is available (attachment)

@Alfa1
Can you reproduce your problems in the demo?

Attachments

• Screen_20170818053901.webp
    Screen_20170818053901.webp
    24 KB · Views: 1
Phrase: ar_info_text
Default text: Freely selectable text - edit the phrase ar_info_texts

Small bug with the description having an extra "s". Had to search around a few minutes in the addon files to figure it.

Bug found: by default all usergroups have permission to force other members to read the rules.
i see no way to disable this. Please advise.

@au lait This bug still exists as I found out today. Very much unwanted to have this floating esp for unregistered. It leads to the admin panel login :( Please advise.

Known issues:
  1. If new members sign up and they click the rules they get a no permissions screen.
  2. The link to force members to read the rules is gone.
  3. Its not clear on profile when a member last agreed to the rules, which is a problem for moderators.
Suggestions that I would really like to see implemented:
  1. force members to read the rules from member card.
  2. force member to read the rules on warning.
  3. force member to read the rules from post. (privateControls)

I was able to resolve the bug showing all usergroups the mod option to force a user to re-confirm rules:

Admin -> Appearance -> Template Modifications -> search "member_view":

For our use case, simply disabling the edit from Advanced Rules was enough as I don't see us using that feature.

Without testing though, I believe the error is with the Replace. It searches for $canBanUsers but places it's code before it's call not after:

Change
Code:
<li><a href="{xen:adminlink ar-list/reset-user, '', 'userId={$user.user_id}'}">{xen:phrase ar_force_user_reconfirm_rule}</a></li>
<xen:if is="{$canBanUsers}">

to

Code:
<xen:if is="{$canBanUsers}">
<li><a href="{xen:adminlink ar-list/reset-user, '', 'userId={$user.user_id}'}">{xen:phrase ar_force_user_reconfirm_rule}</a></li>

As the Replace field doesn't allow editing & is part of the file used to install the addon, I'm not sure how to make the change beyond uninstall / edit "product-phc_AdvancedRules.xml" & reinstall.

@au lait

Top Bottom