Advanced Rules [Deleted]

We have a link to the rules on every page. So there is no point in having a bbcode that links to the rules in general.
We do not haver multiple sets of rules. I think most sites do not.
So if you change the rules to a later time (which could be very realistically when a forum community grows), all the quoted rules texts would be different.
It perfect to show the ext of the rules as they are at the time of posting. It would not be different from just quoting the rule.

What I need a simple way for users to include the current text of one rule. Normally users will just state that the other member should read the rules. Or link to the rules in general. So most readers will not go read the entire rules. Nor search for the rule in a long list of rules. Mobile users will certainly not do so. For mobile users (85% of my users) it needs to be short and to the point or it will not work.
I want users to be able to insert a quote of the exact rule that was broken.
This would make my members more aware of the rule in question.

au lait updated Advanced Rules with a new update entry:

Version 1.3

[add] Wysiwyg Editor
[add] Tag Line
[add] Last Edit Timestamp
[add] Multiple Rules for User Registration
[add] Structured page for all rules
[add] bbCode for Rules
[add] Now rules can also be submitted to guests.

[add] FotoContest by FotoContest
[add] Siropu Chat by @Siropu

[change] Attention! -> Node Option from EXCLUDE to INCLUDE Attention changed!
[change] Options -> user Registration -> "Standard rules for Registration" ->...

Read the rest of this update entry...

It possible to make one rule for specific node?
I see ability to exclude nodes from rule, but if I want to make own rule for each node, this setting will not be very convenient.

Does anyone have this running with 1 set of rules? I wonder if this addon is suited for that purpose.

@Alfa1 do you mean if the add-on can display ONLY ONE rule...? The answer is yes. But I am not quite sure what exactly you are focusing on.

Only one SET of rules. (with a large number of rules in the set)
Similarly to how xenforo.com has one set of rules here.

In the screenshots I see that there is an overview page of rule sets:
.webp
This is useful if you have multiple sets of rules like displayed in the screenshot. But we have only one set of rules, so this multi-set overview page is undesirable to have.

Similarly I see that there is a multi-page setup ideal for multiple sets of rules.
.webp
For a single set of rules we only need one page with chapters and a good Table of Content. So I wonder if the interface is useful for us at all.

Could you post a clearer screenshot of the options? The screenshot available is blurred / low quality. I think this may explain a lot.

I bought it and installed it and it crashed my site. Now I get hundreds of fatal errors. There seems to be an addon conflict. I have sent you the details.

Very fast support. Thank you!
  1. I see there is no option to block reply to thread. I want users to be able to read threads, but not reply to threads before they read the rules. Please add this.
  2. For AMS/UBS/SC/XFMG/XFRM please block reviews and comments.
  3. Small bug: The phrase ar_info_texts does not exist. It should be ar_info_text
  4. What should users do if the counter does not run?
  5. Please stop the timer if the browsertab is inactive.
  6. How do I get our Rules to be displayed above the Terms?
  7. If a user gets a warning then will they need to read the rules again? If not then please add this. Its very important.
  8. On profile there is a function to make the user read all the rules again. This is not useful. We need a function to let them read the main rules. Not all the rules.
  9. Please add a link to member card to let the user read the rules. No need to go to profile.

Last edited:
For those who need to disable the rules share function, you can do so as follows:
  1. disable the rules bbcode
  2. add to extra.css:
    Code:
    .ruleShare
    {
        display: none !important;
    }

Another bug. I have been gettign many of these:
Code:
rror Info
ErrorException: Undefined offset: 2 - library/phc/AdvancedRules/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php:20
Generated By: xxx, Today at 2:25 AM

Stack Trace
#0 /library/phc/AdvancedRules/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php(20): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined offse...', '/home/...', 20, Array)
#1 /library/XenForo/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php(745): phc_AdvancedRules_BbCode_Formatter_Base::renderTagRule(Array, Array, Object(WidgetFramework_XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Text))
#2 /library/XenForo/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php(652): XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base->renderValidTag(Array, Array, Array)
#3 /library/XenForo/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php(565): XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base->renderTag(Array, Array, 0)
#4 /library/XenForo/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php(546): XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base->renderTreeElement(Array, Array, 0)
#5 /library/XenForo/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php(526): XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base->renderSubTree(Array, Array)
#6 /library/XenForo/BbCode/Parser.php(505): XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base->renderTree(Array, Array)
#7 /library/XenForo/ViewPublic/Thread/Preview.php(14): XenForo_BbCode_Parser->render('I tried to use ...')
#8 /library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php(227): XenForo_ViewPublic_Thread_Preview->renderHtml()
#9 /library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/Json.php(229): XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject('XenForo_ViewPub...', 'Html', Array, 'thread_list_ite...')
#10 /library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/Json.php(92): XenForo_ViewRenderer_Json->getDefaultOutputArray('XenForo_ViewPub...', Array, 'thread_list_ite...')
#11 /library/XenForo/FrontController.php(606): XenForo_ViewRenderer_Json->renderView('XenForo_ViewPub...', Array, 'thread_list_ite...', NULL)
#12 /library/XenForo/FrontController.php(158): XenForo_FrontController->renderView(Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_View), Object(XenForo_ViewRenderer_Json), Array)
#13 /index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#14 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(213) "https://forum.com/threads/rules-bbcode-tag.299893/preview?_xfRequestUri=%2Ffind-new%2F52923%2Fposts&_xfNoRedirect=1&_xfToken=65748%2C1491096300%2C46c7ba352b0084ed19d624f2f90a8b02539d011f&_xfResponseType=json"
  ["_GET"] => array(4) {
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(21) "/find-new/52923/posts"
    ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(57) "65748,1491096300,46c7ba352b0084ed19d624f2f90a8b02539d011f"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}
This was before I turned the rule bbcode off.

I see there is no option to block reply to thread. I want users to be able to read threads, but not reply to threads before they read the rules. Please add this.
no options! I will find a solution!

For AMS/UBS/SC/XFMG/XFRM please block reviews and comments.
I will find a solution!

Small bug: The phrase ar_info_texts does not exist. It should be ar_info_text
ok

What should users do if the counter does not run?
What do you mean?

Please stop the timer if the browsertab is inactive.
changed

How do I get our Rules to be displayed above the Terms?
What do you mean?

If a user gets a warning then will they need to read the rules again? If not then please add this. Its very important.
nice idea

On profile there is a function to make the user read all the rules again. This is not useful. We need a function to let them read the main rules. Not all the rules.
For User X, a list of the rules - To choose which one to read?

Please add a link to member card to let the user read the rules. No need to go to profile.
ok

What do you mean?
Our members need to accept the rules before they can do anything. Some users report that the counter does not activate at all. So they are stuck. I suspect that this is a matter of their browser not having JavaScript or some privacy addon. What do you think?
What do you mean?
Its possible to set a sort order for a set of rules.
Its possible to display the Terms on the rules page, but its not possible to set a sort order. The terms are always on top. How can I change this?
For User X, a list of the rules - To choose which one to read?
Yes. :)

I've updated to this latest version and now my editor is completely missing. I can't enter or edit rule text.

What am I missing here?

Top Bottom