[OzzModz] Advanced Forms

[OzzModz] Advanced Forms [Paid] 2.2.4 Beta 5

No permission to buy ($30.00)
That's an oversight on my part. I'll fix it in the next release.

Any eta about your next release? I've been waiting almost three weeks already, with over 840 threads posted from my users without the "Watch Thread" function enabled for this reason.

Any eta about your next release? I've been waiting almost three weeks already, with over 840 threads posted from my users without the "Watch Thread" function enabled for this reason.
Unless it's an emergency bug fix, releases are roughly once a month at the beginning of a week. So by that, barring any unforeseen circumstances, I would say next Monday.

However, there really isn't a set schedule. Releases happen when they happen depending on my work load.

Last edited:
Snog updated Advanced Forms with a new update entry:

Advanced Forms for XenForo 2.x Update 2.0.13

An update to Advanced Forms for XenForo 2.x has been released. Those that have purchased this add-on, please log into your account on my site to download this update.
  • Fix - New form threads not being watched when form option is selected
  • Add - Thread prefix answer type (Also sets thread prefix)
NOTE: The new Thread prefix answer type displays all prefixes a user is allowed to use in the forum the form is to be posted in. If you don't want a prefix to be listed, do not...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Last edited:
Hi Snog,

we also use Simple Forms in our Forum. The users fill it and it gets as a head in their postings with informations, we ask from them.

Is there a possibility to import these forms into you add-on ?
Sorry, there is no import available for Simple Forms.

@Snog is it possible to add support for Widgets? I would love Sidebar support on the form page, we have a widget I want to use on the forms.

@Snog is it possible to add support for Widgets? I would love Sidebar support on the form page, we have a widget I want to use on the forms.
Could you give me an example of why you would want to put a widget on a form that collects data? That would be like putting widgets on the registration form for the site. It doesn't make sense to me.

Could you give me an example of why you would want to put a widget on a form that collects data? That would be like putting widgets on the registration form for the site. It doesn't make sense to me.
Our form is an application to join our team. On the rest of our website we have a widget that displays open positions on our team. We would like to show those open positions on the application page as well. I don't see how that is unreasonable (to be able to show more info on a page) :)

Also found this bug when dealing with Approve/Deny functionality, where variables are not being parsed:

3d6a6a4dc289d33aa605381ba365a1bc.png

Ability to close thread on Approve/Deny would be helpful too

Our form is an application to join our team. On the rest of our website we have a widget that displays open positions on our team. We would like to show those open positions on the application page as well. I don't see how that is unreasonable (to be able to show more info on a page) :)

Also found this bug when dealing with Approve/Deny functionality, where variables are not being parsed:

3d6a6a4dc289d33aa605381ba365a1bc.png

Ability to close thread on Approve/Deny would be helpful too
I didn't say it was unreasonable, I just wanted an example for why it might be wanted.

I'll have a look at the code, but it appears like the questions for the thread title weren't answered or aren't allowed to be used in a title.

To fix that, make the questions required by giving them an error...
qerror.webp

And be sure the questions are allowed to be used in the thread title...
title.webp

titlec.webp

Last edited:
Getting Server error log.

Code:
LogicException: Cannot save with validation errors. Use validate() to ensure there are no errors. (First error: You cannot start a conversation with yourself.) src/XF/Service/ValidateAndSavableTrait.php:34
Generated by: Lori.Yagami Sep 12, 2018 at 3:10 AM
Stack trace
#0 src/addons/Snog/Forms/Pub/Controller/Form.php(1148): XF\Service\Conversation\Creator->save()
#1 src/addons/Snog/Forms/Pub/Controller/Form.php(806): Snog\Forms\Pub\Controller\Form->sendPC('Support Team Ap...', '[COLOR=rgb(0, 2...', Object(Datio\AllowedEmails\XF\Entity\User), 'Nirjonmela,', true, true, '')
#2 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(249): Snog\Forms\Pub\Controller\Form->actionSubmit(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#3 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(88): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('Snog\\Forms:Form', 'Submit', 'json', Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag), 'snog_forms_navt...', Object(Snog\Forms\Pub\Controller\Form), NULL)
#4 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(41): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#5 src/XF/App.php(1931): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#6 src/XF.php(329): XF\App->run()
#7 index.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#8 {main}
Request state
array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(27) "/form/support-team.2/submit"
  ["referrer"] => string(49) "/form/support-team.2/select"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(5) {
    ["question"] => array(17) {
      [69] => string(4) "Lori"
      [70] => string(7) "xxxx"
      [77] => string(8) "5/5/1989"
      [72] => string(24) "xxxxxx"
      [96] => string(10) "xxxxxxxxxx"
      [71] => string(14) "lxxxx"
      [78] => string(5) "India"
      [103] => string(48) "I can moderate movie and appz section specially."
      [81] => string(1) "1"
      [82] => string(1) "1"
      [83] => string(1) "2"
      [84] => string(4) "NONE"
      [85] => array(1) {
        [0] => string(1) "4"
      }
      [86] => array(2) {
        [0] => string(1) "2"
        [1] => string(1) "3"
      }
      [87] => string(30) "Anytime I mostly remain online"
      [88] => string(32) "I have experience in this field "
      [34] => string(3) "Yes"
    }
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(27) "/form/support-team.2/select"
    ["_xfWithData"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}

Last edited by a moderator:
Getting Server error log.

Code:
LogicException: Cannot save with validation errors. Use validate() to ensure there are no errors. (First error: You cannot start a conversation with yourself.) src/XF/Service/ValidateAndSavableTrait.php:34
Generated by: Lori.Yagami Sep 12, 2018 at 3:10 AM
Stack trace
#0 src/addons/Snog/Forms/Pub/Controller/Form.php(1148): XF\Service\Conversation\Creator->save()
#1 src/addons/Snog/Forms/Pub/Controller/Form.php(806): Snog\Forms\Pub\Controller\Form->sendPC('Support Team Ap...', '[COLOR=rgb(0, 2...', Object(Datio\AllowedEmails\XF\Entity\User), 'Nirjonmela,', true, true, '')
#2 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(249): Snog\Forms\Pub\Controller\Form->actionSubmit(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#3 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(88): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('Snog\\Forms:Form', 'Submit', 'json', Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag), 'snog_forms_navt...', Object(Snog\Forms\Pub\Controller\Form), NULL)
#4 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(41): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#5 src/XF/App.php(1931): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#6 src/XF.php(329): XF\App->run()
#7 index.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#8 {main}
Request state
array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(27) "/form/support-team.2/submit"
  ["referrer"] => string(49) "/form/support-team.2/select"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(5) {
    ["question"] => array(17) {
      [69] => string(4) "Lori"
      [70] => string(7) "xxxx"
      [77] => string(8) "5/5/1989"
      [72] => string(24) "xxxxxx"
      [96] => string(10) "xxxxxxxxxx"
      [71] => string(14) "lxxxx"
      [78] => string(5) "India"
      [103] => string(48) "I can moderate movie and appz section specially."
      [81] => string(1) "1"
      [82] => string(1) "1"
      [83] => string(1) "2"
      [84] => string(4) "NONE"
      [85] => array(1) {
        [0] => string(1) "4"
      }
      [86] => array(2) {
        [0] => string(1) "2"
        [1] => string(1) "3"
      }
      [87] => string(30) "Anytime I mostly remain online"
      [88] => string(32) "I have experience in this field "
      [34] => string(3) "Yes"
    }
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(27) "/form/support-team.2/select"
    ["_xfWithData"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}
The error says it all. You have the PC sender set to the same user as the recipient of the PC. You can't send a PC to yourself.

pcsender.webp

bypc.webp

The next update will throw an error if you try to create a form and the PC Sender is the same as a recipient.

EDIT: You might want to remove the email address and what appears to be a phone number from the error trace you posted.

Last edited:
We are not give permissions Upload attachments to posts but this also happened for Advanced Forms upload. Please can you add separate permissions for Advanced Forms?

• Upload attachments to Advanced Forms

ScreenShot00304.webp

We are not give permissions Upload attachments to posts but this also happened for Advanced Forms upload. Please can you add separate permissions for Advanced Forms?

• Upload attachments to Advanced Forms

View attachment 183392
Sorry, no. The forum permissions are used for that because the form posts a thread and it is not controlled by the forms system.

fileperms.webp

The way around that is to use a BOT user (such as the one used to send PMs) to post all threads for the form and only allow that user to upload files to the forum used by the form.

Last edited:
Snog updated Advanced Forms with a new update entry:

Advanced Forms for XenForo 2.x Update 2.0.14

An update to Advanced Forms for XenForo 2.x has been released. Those that have purchased this add-on, please log into your account on my site to download this update.
  • Change - Reverted to stock XenForo attachment handler
  • Add - Error when creating form and PM sender/receiver are the same
  • Fix - Thread title not being properly displayed in approve/deny confirmation

Read the rest of this update entry...

I can use this addon to automatically add user applicants to any user groups on my board, right? Not just mod/admin roles.

I can use this addon to automatically add user applicants to any user groups on my board, right? Not just mod/admin roles.

You can, and so far it works great for me. It gives you options to promote immediately, or to initiate a poll for voting to decide if they get promoted. You can set the primary user group, or add any secondary user groups, from your entire list of available groups. (If you want to do the poll option, just make sure the application is posted to a place where only the people you want to vote have the permission to cast votes)

In addition to the above, you can also just include approve/deny links for the form without a poll. And then whoever has permission to approve/deny applications would be able to do so while reading the form post.

Working on this on a clients forum. If anyone has issues of the button replacing New Post button, SEO2 may be the culprit. Seems like that addon conflicts with any plugin that changes templates.

Top Bottom