[OzzModz] Advanced Forms

[OzzModz] Advanced Forms [Paid] 2.2.4 Beta 1

No permission to buy ($30.00)
EDIT: Nevermind, think I found it, it's {A#} in the form property I assume..
Yes, either {2} for the first question answer or {A#} for any other question's answer.

Just be sure to make whatever answer you use required by assigning an error to the question if it's unanswered.

questionerror.webp

Yes, either {2} for the first question answer or {A#} for any other question's answer.

Just be sure to make whatever answer you use required by assigning an error to the question if it's unanswered.

View attachment 187111

One more question, URLs in single line text do not appear to convert to BBCode url, is there a trick to do this?

@Snog

So I think I have a bug, PC Sender Name will not resolve usernames with spaces in them and will trigger a backend error as below:

• LogicException: Cannot save with validation errors. Use validate() to ensure there are no errors. (First error: You may not start a conversation with the following recipients: Nik.)
  • src/XF/Service/ValidateAndSavableTrait.php:34
  • Generated by: caddyboy
  • Nov 7, 2018 at 1:13 PM
Stack trace
#0 src/addons/Snog/Forms/Pub/Controller/Form.php(1148): XF\Service\Conversation\Creator->save()
#1 src/addons/Snog/Forms/Pub/Controller/Form.php(808): Snog\Forms\Pub\Controller\Form->sendPC('caddyboy - Spon...', 'User name:[/...', Object(ForumApps\API\XF\Entity\User), 'Nik,', true, false, '')
#2 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(249): Snog\Forms\Pub\Controller\Form->actionSubmit(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#3 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(88): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('Snog\\Forms:Form', 'Submit', 'json', Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag), 'snog_forms_navt...', Object(Snog\Forms\Pub\Controller\Form), NULL)
#4 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(41): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#5 src/XF/App.php(1931): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#6 src/XF.php(329): XF\App->run()
#7 index.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#8 {main}

@Snog

So I think I have a bug, PC Sender Name will not resolve usernames with spaces in them and will trigger a backend error as below:

• LogicException: Cannot save with validation errors. Use validate() to ensure there are no errors. (First error: You may not start a conversation with the following recipients: Nik.)
  • src/XF/Service/ValidateAndSavableTrait.php:34
  • Generated by: caddyboy
  • Nov 7, 2018 at 1:13 PM
Stack trace
#0 src/addons/Snog/Forms/Pub/Controller/Form.php(1148): XF\Service\Conversation\Creator->save()
#1 src/addons/Snog/Forms/Pub/Controller/Form.php(808): Snog\Forms\Pub\Controller\Form->sendPC('caddyboy - Spon...', 'User name:[/...', Object(ForumApps\API\XF\Entity\User), 'Nik,', true, false, '')
#2 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(249): Snog\Forms\Pub\Controller\Form->actionSubmit(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#3 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(88): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('Snog\\Forms:Form', 'Submit', 'json', Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag), 'snog_forms_navt...', Object(Snog\Forms\Pub\Controller\Form), NULL)
#4 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(41): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#5 src/XF/App.php(1931): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#6 src/XF.php(329): XF\App->run()
#7 index.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#8 {main}
While the error itself is a bug that I'll correct in the next release, the underlying cause has nothing to do with spaces in the PC recipient list or the PC sender name.

It's happening because the user you're trying to send to has their "Start conversations with you" privacy option set to either "people you follow" or "nobody".

While the error itself is a bug that I'll correct in the next release, the underlying cause has nothing to do with spaces in the PC recipient list or the PC sender name.

It's happening because the user you're trying to send to has their "Start conversations with you" privacy option set to either "people you follow" or "nobody".

Actually the recipient does not have that privacy setting set. It's set and has always been set to Member Only. Using a PC Sender username without spaces has resolved the issue (temporarily) as it's not ideal. Just reporting.

Actually the recipient does not have that privacy setting set. It's set and has always been set to Member Only.
Hmm... interesting. That's the only way I can duplicate the error.

Let me see if I can duplicate it again.

@Snog Is there a way I can demo this? I just really want to be sure about it before I go head and purchase this, what looks like, a wonderful add-on.

And one question. When making, lets say a Moderator Application form, do you need to make the questions with the add-on or use something like custom thread fields. Also will you be able to select which Node each form will be in? So if I am making a mod apps form, I'd want to to be made and posted in the mod apps node so is there an option to choose where this can be and cannot be posted in?

Thank you!

@Snog Is there a way I can demo this? I just really want to be sure about it before I go head and purchase this, what looks like, a wonderful add-on.

And one question. When making, lets say a Moderator Application form, do you need to make the questions with the add-on or use something like custom thread fields. Also will you be able to select which Node each form will be in? So if I am making a mod apps form, I'd want to to be made and posted in the mod apps node so is there an option to choose where this can be and cannot be posted in?

Thank you!
There's no demo of the admin area available, but there are forms available for both registered and unregistered users on my site:

NOTE: In some forms on my site there are functions that are not in the current version. My site is running the next release of Advanced Forms and it will be released shortly after XenForo 2.0.11.

You create the questions in the add-on itself. You can select which forum node the thread for the form will be posted in, that is a part of setting up each form.

Last edited:
View attachment 187834
@Snog I Managed to get your add-on up however when I try to install it this error shows up. Do you know what I did wrong?
To the best of my knowledge, the only way that error can happen is if you had the add-on installed before and it was never completely uninstalled. Is that possible?

And I'm not sure what you've already done. It should have been as simple as clicking the install button in the admin/add-on screen.

I uploaded the addon.json file to (This route) /public_html/src/addons/XF/addon.json

I then went to the admin php and clicked on adding and it was there. Then, I clicked install and this error showed up.

I uploaded the addon.json file to (This route) /public_html/src/addons/XF/addon.json

I then went to the admin php and clicked on adding and it was there. Then, I clicked install and this error showed up.
???
That's not how you install an add-on. See the XF2 documentation.

You need to upload all of the files to your site.

should I delete the file from there and re upload it?
Delete it and follow the installation instructions in the XF2 documentation. See if that works for you.

Top Bottom