Advanced Application Forms for XenForo 1.x [Deleted]

I am thinking of a feedback form, for example.
1. Can I upload multiple image as attachment?
2. Can I share multiple image? (external image links)
Sometimes, my users like to show small videos uploaded in mostly in youtube, regarding their issues on my site.
3. Can I share videos?(I mean to embed media link)

I am thinking of a feedback form, for example.
1. Can I upload multiple image as attachment?
2. Can I share multiple image? (external image links)
Sometimes, my users like to show small videos uploaded in mostly in youtube, regarding their issues on my site.
3. Can I share videos?(I mean to embed media link)
You can upload multiple images.

You can not share images via external links.

You can not share videos.

Will you consider this to add?
Not at this time. But I will put it on the wish list.

I'm already behind in work and with the new add-on installation guidelines I am even farther behind since I have to change the installation system for my add-ons.

the new add-on installation guidelines I am even farther behind since I have to change the installation system for my add-ons.
What does this mean?
Can't I just install the way we usually install add-ons?
I am gonna purchase now and how can I find the installation guide, if there is one needed?

What does this mean?
Can't I just install the way we usually install add-ons?
I am gonna purchase now and how can I find the installation guide, if there is one needed?
The add-on guidelines are for developers, not the end user.

My current installation system calls home to install the add-on. That is no longer allowed and I need to rewrite the licensing system.

You can purchase the add-on and use the current installation method for my add-ons, but it will change soon.

@Snog how do you choose which questions go on which application form? I feel like I am being stupid and missing something easy.
Admin->Applications->Edit Application Forms, click 'Edit Questions' for the application form you want to define questions for.

So far I am really happy with this add-on.
But I have some questions again.

It was a bit confusing at first but I am finding my way.

1. It works like this, right? Application Type->Application Form->Questions
2. I must make both the type and the form active so the users can use it, right?
3. Why do I have for both criteria? I must do for both the same, right?
4. Choosing between "user group all (except unregistered)" and "Priviliges and Status: User is logged in" is no difference, right?
5. For what do I need the "Private Conversation User ID:"? This is sth like an automated respond thing, right?
6. When I do "Report in new Thread" and make the user ID to "{1}", the title of the created thread will be the name of the user, right? {2} means first answer, right?
7. I think the description box should be a multi-line box (when adding questions).
8. How can I make it that the people choose/fill the title of threads they create with this form? So far I couldn't find any solution for this. Every thread is created with the name of the user or just with the answer of first question.
9. Format options are ok but not great. Questions should be right-aligned. Answers left-aligned (when same line). This is not possible I guess.
10. It is also not possible that the questions are normal and the answers with tab. If you choose with tab, the questions and the answers will be with tabs. For this you must make the questions as header phrase and create a new question with " - " character (see attachment). Then it looks like the answers were just with tab. But this is not a great solution when you have multi-line boxes.

upload_2014-9-20_19-4-57.webp

Last edited:
1. It works like this, right? Application Type->Application Form->Questions

Correct

2. I must make both the type and the form active so the users can use it, right?

Correct

3. Why do I have for both criteria? I must do for both the same, right?

Because you may have a form that has slightly different criteria than the type. For example, you may want a user to only fill out a form once.

4. Choosing between "user group all (except unregistered)" and "Priviliges and Status: User is logged in" is no difference, right?

However the standard XF criteria works is how this works. It is the standard criteria system here. I would think you are correct in this case.

5. For what do I need the "Private Conversation User ID:"? This is sth like an automated respond thing, right?

Because if you use say the admin user ID and you expect to receive a PC you'll never get it. A user can not send a PC to themselves.

Yes, this is for all automated responses that arrive via PC.

6. When I do "Report in new Thread" and make the user ID to "{1}", the title of the created thread will be the name of the user, right? {2} means first answer, right?

Correct, that's what is says in the description for the field.

7. I think the description box should be a multi-line box (when adding questions).

I'll put this on the wish list.

8. How can I make it that the people choose/fill the title of threads they create with this form? So far I couldn't find any solution for this. Every thread is created with the name of the user or just with the answer of first question.

You can't do this.

The title of the thread is set in the form settings.

You could use a title like this..

Application Form Name from {1}

9. Format options are ok but not great. Questions should be right-aligned. Answers left-aligned (when same line). This is not possible I guess.

They are the way they are because of the responsive design. If they were aligned right, they would look out of place on mobile devices.

10. It is also not possible that the questions are normal and the answers with tab. If you choose with tab, the questions and the answers will be with tabs. For this you must make the questions as header phrase and create a new question with " - " character (see attachment). Then it looks like the answers were just with tab. But this is not a great solution when you have multi-line boxes.

I'll add this to the wish list.

Reactions: sbj
You can't do this.

The title of the thread is set in the form settings.

You could use a title like this..

Application Form Name from {1}

I found a solution for my problem, I guess you could put this to the description, if you want.

{2} will put the first answer of the question as title.
So when I create a form, I will always put the first question like this "Enter the title of the thread you will create".

They are the way they are because of the responsive design. If they were aligned right, they would look out of place on mobile devices.
Could you at least make the answers left-aligned? But when multi-line boxes, also every line left-aligned.

I'll add this to the wish list.
Thank you. So no need to omit the system. Question normal and answer next line with tab.

2 more things.

1. I ticked "Watch Thread" in my setting for application forms. But after I created a form, no threads were listed in my "watched threads". Not working I assume.

2. I wanted to create new questions for a new form. I accidentally clicked on "Save Question Order" without having any questions yet. So it gave me now a server error log, just for your information.

2 more things.

1. I ticked "Watch Thread" in my setting for application forms. But after I created a form, no threads were listed in my "watched threads". Not working I assume.

Do you have 'Post User ID' set to zero for the application form?

That is how it must be set for 'Watch Thread' to work.

2. I wanted to create new questions for a new form. I accidentally clicked on "Save Question Order" without having any questions yet. So it gave me now a server error log, just for your information.

Thank you for reporting this.

Yes, it is set to zero.

Check you're user preferences and make sure 'Automatically watch threads that you create or when you reply' is checked.

The application forms system does not override a user's preference settings.

That was it, thank you. Maybe you should put a option if we want that it overrides user's preference settings.

One last question and this is very important: How can I force people to fill out fields, I wish they must fill out?

Did you realize that you can apply forms without even typing anything? Blank forms.

And there is a bug I found now. When I chose (as I told before) {2} and when the user leaves the first question blank, what do you think will happen? The thread title becomes {2}. I think this is not supposed to be.

Where is the option to force user to fill out?

That was it, thank you. Maybe you should put a option if we want that it overrides user's preference settings.

One last question and this is very important: How can I force people to fill out fields, I wish they must fill out?

Did you realize that you can apply forms without even typing anything? Blank forms.

And there is a bug I found now. When I chose (as I told before) {2} and when the user leaves the first question blank, what do you think will happen? The thread title becomes {2}. I think this is not supposed to be.

Where is the option to force user to fill out?
If you don't require any questions to be answered of course they can submit a blank form. ;)

To require a question to be answered, put a 'Question Error' in the question.
question.webp

Oh, for a second I thought something important like this is missing.
Thank you so much for your great support and add-on.
I am totally satisfied and it is great that this add-on has everything I could think of.
Have a nice weekend.

Top Bottom