Advanced Application Forms for XenForo 1.x [Deleted]

The is no email sent for updates.

Just run advapp_install.php again to install the latest version.

Another error:

Server Error
file_put_contents(/home/kingharrison/fierceconnection/forum/internal_data/templates/S.0,L.0,account.css.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied

1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
  2. file_put_contents() in XenForo/Template/FileHandler.php at line 95
  3. XenForo_Template_FileHandler->_saveTemplate() in XenForo/Template/FileHandler.php at line 50
  4. XenForo_Template_FileHandler::save() in XenForo/Model/Template.php at line 1694
  5. XenForo_Model_Template->_insertCompiledTemplateRecord() in XenForo/Model/Template.php at line 1604
  6. XenForo_Model_Template->compileAndInsertParsedTemplate() in XenForo/Model/Template.php at line 1378
  7. XenForo_Model_Template->compileTemplateInStyleTree() in XenForo/Model/Template.php at line 1328
  8. XenForo_Model_Template->compileNamedTemplateInStyleTree() in XenForo/Model/Template.php at line 1267
  9. XenForo_Model_Template->compileAllTemplates() in XenForo/Deferred/Template.php at line 36
  10. XenForo_Deferred_Template->execute() in XenForo/Deferred/Atomic.php at line 66
  11. XenForo_Deferred_Atomic->execute() in XenForo/Model/Deferred.php at line 256
  12. XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred() in XenForo/Model/Deferred.php at line 390
  13. XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal() in XenForo/Model/Deferred.php at line 335
  14. XenForo_Model_Deferred->run() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Tools.php at line 159
  15. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Tools->actionRunDeferred() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
  16. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  17. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/kingharrison/fierceconnection/forum/admin.php at line 13

Another error:

Server Error
file_put_contents(/home/kingharrison/fierceconnection/forum/internal_data/templates/S.0,L.0,account.css.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied

1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
  2. file_put_contents() in XenForo/Template/FileHandler.php at line 95
  3. XenForo_Template_FileHandler->_saveTemplate() in XenForo/Template/FileHandler.php at line 50
  4. XenForo_Template_FileHandler::save() in XenForo/Model/Template.php at line 1694
  5. XenForo_Model_Template->_insertCompiledTemplateRecord() in XenForo/Model/Template.php at line 1604
  6. XenForo_Model_Template->compileAndInsertParsedTemplate() in XenForo/Model/Template.php at line 1378
  7. XenForo_Model_Template->compileTemplateInStyleTree() in XenForo/Model/Template.php at line 1328
  8. XenForo_Model_Template->compileNamedTemplateInStyleTree() in XenForo/Model/Template.php at line 1267
  9. XenForo_Model_Template->compileAllTemplates() in XenForo/Deferred/Template.php at line 36
  10. XenForo_Deferred_Template->execute() in XenForo/Deferred/Atomic.php at line 66
  11. XenForo_Deferred_Atomic->execute() in XenForo/Model/Deferred.php at line 256
  12. XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred() in XenForo/Model/Deferred.php at line 390
  13. XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal() in XenForo/Model/Deferred.php at line 335
  14. XenForo_Model_Deferred->run() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Tools.php at line 159
  15. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Tools->actionRunDeferred() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
  16. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  17. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/kingharrison/fierceconnection/forum/admin.php at line 13
That's not an error from the Application Forms system.

Something else is causing that error.

But it looks like your internal data folders aren't writable.
(/home/kingharrison/fierceconnection/forum/internal_data/templates/S.0,L.0,account.css.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied

Last edited:
@Snog

Today we got this error on our forums:

Template Errors: advapp_navlinks
  1. Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /var/www/vhosts/inthegame.nl/httpdocs/forums/library/XenForo/Template/Abstract.php(265) : eval()'d code, line 4:
    3: ';
    4: foreach ($values AS $value)
    5: {

Please advice?

@Snog

Today we got this error on our forums:

Template Errors: advapp_navlinks
  1. Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /var/www/vhosts/inthegame.nl/httpdocs/forums/library/XenForo/Template/Abstract.php(265) : eval()'d code, line 4:
    3: ';
    4: foreach ($values AS $value)
    5: {

Please advice?
I've never seen that before.

It's saying the $values variable is not good. But, the template does not get created if $values doesn't contain information.

Have you installed anything new that uses the navigation tabs?

Have you edited any of the PHP files?

Have you manually included the advapp_navlinks template in another template?

Last edited:
1. Is the license a life-time one or do we need to pay every time when you update the add-on?

2. Are the entries searchable? Title and content of the form?

3. Can I let people open new threads by filling a form in some nods and then they can re-edit it and/or quote the posting with the content?

4. Can I link the questions ?

5. Is there a message preview of the form when someone is filling out and wants to see a preview?

1. Is the license a life-time one or do we need to pay every time when you update the add-on?

It is a lifetime license.

2. Are the entries searchable? Title and content of the form?

They are not searchable as a form, but if posted in a thread they can be searched there.

3. Can I let people open new threads by filling a form in some nods and then they can re-edit it and/or quote the posting with the content?

The answers can be posted in a forum.

The editing of the answers posted in a thread would be controlled by the edit permissions for that forum, not by the application system.

4. Can I link the questions ?

I'm not sure what you mean here. You can use BB Code in the questions.

5. Is there a message preview of the form when someone is filling out and wants to see a preview?

The format for the filled out form for is almost identical to the form that's posted in threads. So, there is not a preview available.

The editing of the answers posted in a thread would be controlled by the edit permissions for that forum, not by the application system.
Let's say you have permission. Can I post the form in a thread and when I see I made some mistakes, I can edit the entries?

Is it possible to have for just 1 day a test-license? So I can look if it suits my wishes?
Or can I have my money back when I think it is not what I wanted?

Let's say you have permission. Can I post the form in a thread and when I see I made some mistakes, I can edit the entries?

Is it possible to have for just 1 day a test-license? So I can look if it suits my wishes?
Or can I have my money back when I think it is not what I wanted?
Once the form is filled out, it can be automatically posted in a thread. If you can edit posts, then you can edit the post made by the application form so long as the 'poster' for application forms is set to be the user that filled out the application.

There is no test license and once purchased and installed, there are no refunds.

If you want to see how it works, register on my site and you can fill out some test forms if you like.

Hmm, than I must disturb you with questions :).

So, I filled out a test form for unregistered users on your site but couldn't see the results. How can I test it?

One more question.

In your forum when I made a test form, it redirected me after I was finished to your default main site.
Can I configure it that it redirects me to the thread I created with this form, after I created it?

One more question.

In your forum when I made a test form, it redirected me after I was finished to your default main site.
Can I configure it that it redirects me to the thread I created with this form, after I created it?
Yes you can.

Reactions: sbj
Top Bottom