Advanced Application Forms for XenForo 1.x [Deleted]

I don't know if it was said before but it seems that this add-on is missing something essential or I couldn't find the right setting.

When you create a thread by filling a form and after it was created you want to edit the thread (thread tools -> edit thread, not to be confused with "edit"), then the edit doesn't include the form anymore. That means all the fields of that form are missing. You can't add afterwards something.

For example my form has a dropdown selection. And now I chose mistakenly the wrong selection and created a thread. Now I want to edit the thread, so I can change the dropdown selection but there is no dropdown selection, not even the other fields.

Can you integrate the form into the thread edit?

I don't know if it was said before but it seems that this add-on is missing something essential or I couldn't find the right setting.

When you create a thread by filling a form and after it was created you want to edit the thread (thread tools -> edit thread, not to be confused with "edit"), then the edit doesn't include the form anymore. That means all the fields of that form are missing. You can't add afterwards something.

For example my form has a dropdown selection. And now I chose mistakenly the wrong selection and created a thread. Now I want to edit the thread, so I can change the dropdown selection but there is no dropdown selection, not even the other fields.

Can you integrate the form into the thread edit?
Other than the results being posted into the thread, the form itself has nothing to do with a thread. Recreating a form during thread editing isn't possible because there's no way of knowing which form posted it's results into a thread.

I see.

The specific form has the information where to post the results into a thread. So it is applied in a node. I thought maybe you can use this information and apply the form into the thread creation process.

I see.

The specific form has the information where to post the results into a thread. So it is applied in a node. I thought maybe you can use this information and apply the form into the thread creation process.
That would be fine if everyone put one form in one forum or thread. But some people put multiple forms in the same forum or thread.

And since the form's result is nothing more than a standard XF post, there's no way to tell which form the post is from.

We´ve been using this for some time now, however i really need (for one of the forms) to generate a poll. Its a simple poll with 4 answers, nothing should come out of this - no promotions etc.

Would this be possible?

We´ve been using this for some time now, however i really need (for one of the forms) to generate a poll. Its a simple poll with 4 answers, nothing should come out of this - no promotions etc.

Would this be possible?
Sorry, that's not possible at this time.

You could always manually add a poll to the post.

@Snog

Will this be a problem to you?

https://xenforo.com/community/threads/can-i-run-1-exact-copy-for-a-while.88603/

I have seen the topic around ******* and saw your messages. You were talking about that you also check if your add-ons are used anywhere else.
So, maybe, I will have an exact copy of my forum under another domain because of testing hosting companies. That would mean I would use the add-on the 2nd time because it is installed on my forum.

Just wanted to be sure and you know it.

@Snog

Will this be a problem to you?

https://xenforo.com/community/threads/can-i-run-1-exact-copy-for-a-while.88603/

I have seen the topic around ******* and saw your messages. You were talking about that you also check if your add-ons are used anywhere else.
So, maybe, I will have an exact copy of my forum under another domain because of testing hosting companies. That would mean I would use the add-on the 2nd time because it is installed on my forum.

Just wanted to be sure and you know it.
I have no problem with it so long as it's not permanent.

Reactions: sbj
I searched through this thread and didn't find my question. Hopefully I didn't miss something. I was wondering, is it possible to create a thread from the application that only the applicant can see (along with moderators)? For instance, if I have two applications in a forum, I only want the applicant to see his or her own application and discussion, not the other applicant's.

I searched through this thread and didn't find my question. Hopefully I didn't miss something. I was wondering, is it possible to create a thread from the application that only the applicant can see (along with moderators)? For instance, if I have two applications in a forum, I only want the applicant to see his or her own application and discussion, not the other applicant's.
It is possible, but that would be controlled directly from the XF permissions for the forum the application is posted in.

You would have to uncheck 'View threads by others' in the user group permissions for that forum.

Is there any way to format the output from the form? I just bought the competing product and I was not really impressed with it for more than one reason. I would like to be able to put the output of more than one value per line.

Is there any way to format the output from the form? I just bought the competing product and I was not really impressed with it for more than one reason. I would like to be able to put the output of more than one value per line.
There is some basic formatting available.

You can have up to two questions/answers on the same line in the post that's created when someone fills out a form. Any more than that and they usually word wrap in the thread window.

questionformat.webp

Got this addon too, there was a default staff application in it so i left that as test. When i see it i cant click on staff but on moderator next to it, but that gives:

Server Error
Argument 1 passed to XenForo_Model_Forum::getAttachmentParams() must be of the type array, boolean given, called in /var/www/vhosts/lethal.zone/httpdocs/library/Snog/Applications/ControllerPublic/Application.php on line 35 and defined

1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in XenForo/Model/Forum.php at line 480
  2. XenForo_Model_Forum->getAttachmentParams() in Snog/Applications/ControllerPublic/Application.php at line 35
  3. Snog_Applications_ControllerPublic_Application->actionForm() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
  4. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  5. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/vhosts/lethal.zone/httpdocs/index.php at line 13

Got this addon too, there was a default staff application in it so i left that as test. When i see it i cant click on staff but on moderator next to it, but that gives:

Server Error
Argument 1 passed to XenForo_Model_Forum::getAttachmentParams() must be of the type array, boolean given, called in /var/www/vhosts/lethal.zone/httpdocs/library/Snog/Applications/ControllerPublic/Application.php on line 35 and defined

1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in XenForo/Model/Forum.php at line 480
  2. XenForo_Model_Forum->getAttachmentParams() in Snog/Applications/ControllerPublic/Application.php at line 35
  3. Snog_Applications_ControllerPublic_Application->actionForm() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
  4. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  5. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/vhosts/lethal.zone/httpdocs/index.php at line 13
From the README.txt file included with the add-on...
4) Go to the Applications tab and set Application Types and the Application Forms the way you want them.
NOTE: You must set the Application Report Type for the default application to work properly.

Go to Admin->Applications->Edit Application Forms and set the Report Options for the form.

Is it possible to trigger a http url when a new application comes in? That way i can trigger my tools to warn my admins that there is a new application (so i can lower the poll time) thats the idea ;)

Also, if a poll is running is it possible to have say a group of people that can "instant" approve the poll instead of waiting till the end of the time period? Sometimes you know its "good material" (unless i missed it)

Is it possible to trigger a http url when a new application comes in? That way i can trigger my tools to warn my admins that there is a new application (so i can lower the poll time) thats the idea ;)

Also, if a poll is running is it possible to have say a group of people that can "instant" approve the poll instead of waiting till the end of the time period? Sometimes you know its "good material" (unless i missed it)
I'm not sure what you mean by 'trigger a http url'.

But if your admins watch the forum the applications are being posted in, they should receive an alert when a new application is posted in that forum.

At this time, there is no way to close the poll early and approve the application.

Top Bottom