Advanced Application Forms for XenForo 1.x [Deleted]

Hello Snog, one question...

Can i create one like Dropbox, that depending of the selection, it triggers X specific field? Pretty much load a field of certain option is selected on another field?

Hello Snog, one question...

Can i create one like Dropbox, that depending of the selection, it triggers X specific field? Pretty much load a field of certain option is selected on another field?
Sorry, that is not possible.

Hey @Snog how would you force a multi-text field to have x amount of characters such as words. Say you want some to describe in at leas ta 100 words why they would like to join your group? Is it possible to force this?

Hey @Snog how would you force a multi-text field to have x amount of characters such as words. Say you want some to describe in at leas ta 100 words why they would like to join your group? Is it possible to force this?
It's not possible in the current release, but it is already in the next release. I'll give you what needs to be changed below.

Edit the library/Snog/Applications/ControllerPublic/Applications.php file. Locate this line (line 245)...
Code:
if ($question['type'] == 1 && $question['regex'] && $question['regexerror'] && !preg_match('#' . str_replace('#', '\#', $question['regex']) . '#siU', $reply[$question['display']])) $error .= $question['regexerror'] . '<br />' . "\r\n";
Immediately after that line add this..
Code:
if ($question['type'] == 2 && $question['regex'] && $question['regexerror'] && !preg_match('#' . str_replace('#', '\#', $question['regex']) . '#siU', $reply[$question['display']])) $error .= $question['regexerror'] . '<br />' . "\r\n";
Then use this regex for the question..
Code:
^\W*(?:\w+\b\W*){100,2000}$
And provide a validation error something like this.. Your entry for X question must be between 100 and 2000 words in length.

Not possible now, also not happening on the future?
It's on the wish list, but if it ever happens it would be with a major rewrite of the application forms system. So don't expect it any time soon since I don't anticipate rewriting the forms system in the near future.

It's not possible in the current release, but it is already in the next release. I'll give you what needs to be changed below.

Edit the library/Snog/Applications/ControllerPublic/Applications.php file. Locate this line (line 245)...
Code:
if ($question['type'] == 1 && $question['regex'] && $question['regexerror'] && !preg_match('#' . str_replace('#', '\#', $question['regex']) . '#siU', $reply[$question['display']])) $error .= $question['regexerror'] . '<br />' . "\r\n";
Immediately after that line add this..
Code:
if ($question['type'] == 2 && $question['regex'] && $question['regexerror'] && !preg_match('#' . str_replace('#', '\#', $question['regex']) . '#siU', $reply[$question['display']])) $error .= $question['regexerror'] . '<br />' . "\r\n";
Then use this regex for the question..
Code:
^\W*(?:\w+\b\W*){100,2000}$
And provide a validation error something like this.. Your entry for X question must be between 100 and 2000 words in length.

Hmm I tried this and enter well over 340+ characters, but it still shows me the Validation error like I don't have enough?

Found a bug today. I set the redirect to "Newly Created Thread". When the form was completed, it took me to a bad URL.

The URL it took me to was: http://www.jffgaming.com/threads/6643

But should of been: http://www.jffgaming.com?threads/6643
I can't duplicate this.

With friendly URLs turned on you should have been returned to a URL something like this..
http://yoursite.com/threads/thread_title.1598/

Without friendly URLs turned on the URL would look like this...
http://yoursite.com/index.php?threads/thread_title.1598/

Which are both correct URLs.

OK, I was able to figure out what is going on with your site.

You don't have an .htaccess file on your site and you don't have friendly URLs enabled. The main problem being the lack of an .htaccess file.

I'll issue an update later this morning.

Snog updated Advanced Application Forms with a new update entry:

Advanced Application Forms Update 1.2.11

An update to advanced application forms has been released. Those that have purchased this add-on, please log into your account on my site to download this update.

Changes in version 1.2.11:
  • Add - Regular expression checking for multi-line text question type.
  • Fix - Improper form return URLs when no .htaccess file is present on a site.

Read the rest of this update entry...

@Snog,

Any chance of some sort of importer from the Simple Forms addon?
To be honest, I haven't looked at Simple Forms except for when someone has referenced something in a post or PC. So I don't know what could or couldn't be imported, or even if it's possible. For that reason, it's not something that's on my priority list and I don't expect it to be there in the near future.

To be honest, I haven't looked at Simple Forms except for when someone has referenced something in a post or PC. So I don't know what could or couldn't be imported, or even if it's possible. For that reason, it's not something that's on my priority list and I don't expect it to be there in the near future.

No problem, its just that we were using that addon since it first came out and its heavily int wined into our board's setup.

I'd gladly discuss some form of extra payment option with you if you were able to at least help us move over.

Can someone help me with the Header phrase the text is almost black, but the problem is my forum is black so u can only see it if u highlight it. How do i change its color so the text is visible?

Top Bottom