Advanced Application Forms for XenForo 1.x [Deleted]

Hey,
Are there any plans to implement a limit for "x" applications per "x" time?
It is on the wish list for the add-on, but it hasn't been implemented yet. I can't say when or if it will be implemented, but it is on the list.

A question, or maybe a suggestion:
I have a newsletter script that I can create contact lists and also a form for each list.
So that users can fill in the forms and register to list.
Each form has a special page for itself, but the script also gives its code, so that we can show the form any where with any style we like.

In Advanced Application Forms we can create forms, and each form has its page, but is there a way to copy the codes of each form, then use them in other places?
For example: I created a form that even guests can complete it. And want to use it in my other site with other style. I don't want to link to my XF. Is there any way now? if not, will this be implemented in future?

Thanks

For example: I created a form that even guests can complete it. And want to use it in my other site with other style. I don't want to link to my XF. Is there any way now? if not, will this be implemented in future?
If the other site is NOT an XF site, no it can't be done without linking to your XF site. And at this time, there are no plans to port the application forms system to other site software.

If the other site IS an XF site, that does require 2 licenses, one for each site. You would then 'Export Application Forms' on the first site and 'Import Application Forms' on the second site.

@Snog
With simple forms no longer under development, I'd like to terminate my use of Simple Forms (I had it running along side y0ur addon) and use Advanced Application Forms exclusively. However to do that, could the following features be considered:
  • WYSIWYG Field Type - Allows input using the standard post editor.
  • Change of language to Application Forms to Forms. (ex. "Application" is appended to each form name; not all forms are used as applications)
  • The ability to enforce a maximum or minimum length on all text fields.
  • The ability to use a regex on long text fields.
This would allow for more flexibility. Love the addon!

Last edited:
WYSIWYG Field Type - Allows input using the standard post editor.
This is already on the wish list for the add-on. Though I can't think of a reason why it would be needed because of the way the question is posted before the answer.
Change of language to Application Forms to Forms. (ex. "Application" is appended to each form name; not all forms are used as applications)
The add-on is fully phrased and you can already change 'Application' to whatever you want. (phrase: advapp_application)
The ability to enforce a maximum or minimum length on all text fields.
This can already be done using regex for single line text answers.
The ability to use a regex on long text fields.
I'll put this on the wish list.

This is already on the wish list for the add-on. Though I can't think of a reason why it would be needed because of the way the question is posted before the answer.

The add-on is fully phrased and you can already change 'Application' to whatever you want. (phrase: advapp_application)

This can already be done using regex for single line text answers.

I'll put this on the wish list.
I mean allow a user to input answers using Wysiwyg.

I mean allow a user to input answers using Wysiwyg.
I understand that. But with the question posted next to the answer, the need doesn't seem to make sense to me.

If it does get added, it would most likely have some subset of the regular editor functions. For example, I would probably not allow images or media because they are covered by the file upload question type.

I understand that. But with the question posted next to the answer, the need doesn't seem to make sense to me.

If it does get added, it would most likely have some subset of the regular editor functions. For example, I would probably not allow images or media because they are covered by the file upload question type.
Basically, I want users to be able to format their answer text as it appears in a post. I use the forms for many things, among one is submitting articles.

Basically, I want users to be able to format their answer text as it appears in a post. I use the forms for many things, among one is submitting articles.
So then you would also want the ability to not post the question in the resulting post. ;)

So then you would also want the ability to not post the question in the resulting post. ;)
Correct, and if possible the ability to construct a custom post, where I can use variables to include questions or answers.

Hello

Do you support on forms that guests can upload a file too ? Because i need take some screenshots from guests too on forms.

Hi, what are these two options for? What does PC stand for?
Report Post/PC Tab Size
Report Post/PC Container Min Width

Hi, what are these two options for? What does PC stand for?
Report Post/PC Tab Size
Report Post/PC Container Min Width
They control the tab position and size of the container for questions/answers in the post created by the application.

When editing a question you have these options...
questionposition.webp

It's best to leave them alone unless there is some compelling reason to change them.

Awesome addon! However, can you add to your list of feature upgrades to make the flags change based on approved/denied in-thread click? I'd like to just click "Approve" or "Deny" in the thread links and have that automatically change the flag as well. Thanks!

Awesome addon! However, can you add to your list of feature upgrades to make the flags change based on approved/denied in-thread click? I'd like to just click "Approve" or "Deny" in the thread links and have that automatically change the flag as well. Thanks!
By flag I assume you mean thread prefix? That's already on the wish list. ;)

By flag I assume you mean thread prefix? That's already on the wish list. ;)
Yes thanks :) I don't know the XF schema very well (too many already made addons that do the job! hah, no custom dev needed), but I imagine this would be pretty simple with a DB tuple update operation that I'm sure the approve/deny links already do, using the prefix ID's for each status that may be set in the options.

Top Bottom