Advanced Application Forms for XenForo 1.x [Deleted]

@Snog
I couldn't find a suggestion forum in your forum for this add-on, so I post it here:

Now we can create a form and set it to "Instant Promote" user as he/she submit the form.
That is really useful.
We need to be able to set for fields (questions) to change the value of custom user fields's values. Here is an example:
We have an optional custom user field titled "Your Field of Study" (But this field should be filled by users who want to move to lawyers usergroup). USER-A (from registered usergroup) didn't fill it and its empty for him. Now we created a form for changing usergroup to another group titled "Lawyers" and in this form we created a question (field) titled "Your Field of Study" that is required. Now we want to copy the value that user write in this field of form to its profile field (custom user field).
Something similar to this was asked for back in September and is already on the wish list for the add-on.

Something similar to this was asked for back in September and is already on the wish list for the add-on.
Awesome.
Can you estimate the time that this will be added? (for changing usergroups we use this. But if you add that feature, your add-on will do this work a lot better and save our time.)

Awesome.
Can you estimate the time that this will be added? (for changing usergroups we use this. But if you add that feature, your add-on will do this work a lot better and save our time.)
Wish list items are not scheduled. When and if they are added, all depend on my work load and the amount of work needed to add the item.

Wish lists are kept and I pick which items (if any) are added as time allows.

In reality that poses a security problem and I don't advise any such function be allowed for unregistered users. So no, that will not be added to the Application system.
This much depends upon the way it is used. Forms can be emailed, which means it is no more risky than a normal email with attachments. If you use this addon to replace the contact us function and require a file upload then I do not see a security risk.

This much depends upon the way it is used. Forms can be emailed, which means it is no more risky than a normal email with attachments. If you use this addon to replace the contact us function and require a file upload then I do not see a security risk.
It's the "depends" and "if" that make it a security risk. I'd rather not work around the built in XF security and risk a security breach.

I understand. For me this is a vital function though. So I will see if this can be added to a similar addon.

I understand. For me this is a vital function though. So I will see if this can be added to a similar addon.
Sorry, IMHO allowing an unregistered user to send a file by email raises so may virus/malware red flags that I wouldn't allow it. Granted the same risk exists with a registered user, but it far less likely than an unregistered one. People would be at the mercy of their own virus/malware protection in many cases and many just don't have any.

We created a form, and when user submit it, he/she will be redirected to thread that is auto created.
Is it possible to set to post an auto reply (with a text that we can set in form create/edit page and also be able to set by which user id should be posted) to that auto created thread as user submit the form?
So user will be redirected to auto created thread and will see his/her info there + an auto reply below it.
If its possible now, how? if not, would be appreciated to be implemented in future.

Thanks

We created a form, and when user submit it, he/she will be redirected to thread that is auto created.
Is it possible to set to post an auto reply (with a text that we can set in form create/edit page and also be able to set by which user id should be posted) to that auto created thread as user submit the form?
So user will be redirected to auto created thread and will see his/her info there + an auto reply below it.
If its possible now, how? if not, would be appreciated to be implemented in future.

Thanks
That's not possible at this time. I will put it on the wish list.

But, are you aware that there is a 'Thank You' notice displayed to the user when they fill out a form (set in the application type) and you can send a PC to the user after they fill out the form (set in form report options)?

But, are you aware that there is a 'Thank You' notice displayed to the user when they fill out a form (set in the application type) and you can send a PC to the user after they fill out the form (set in form report options)?
Yes it is. And its really useful.
But we want to set it to post reply, because after that, more than one moderator will be responsible to check it. Its not possible to invite those moderators to PC automatically, but if an auto reply be posted in auto created thread, then it will be easy to aware all those moderators from the important points that we want to put in our text (text = auto reply)

Thanks for your attention.

We've been getting this error since the XF 1.5.4 Upgrade when someone tries to submit a application. It may be a configuration issue on our end but it worked fine beforehand.

Code:
Error Info
ErrorException: Undefined offset: -1 - library/Snog/Applications/ControllerPublic/Application.php:328
Generated By: \\Vexel, Yesterday at 6:01 PM
Stack Trace
#0 /home/********/public_html/library/Snog/Applications/ControllerPublic/Application.php(328): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined offse...', '/home/gegamer/p...', 328, Array)
#1 /home/********/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(351): Snog_Applications_ControllerPublic_Application->actionSubmit()
#2 /home/********/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#3 /home/********/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#4 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(44) "https://********.com/applicationform/submit"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(13) {
    ["question2"] => string(5) "Vexel"
    ["question3"] => string(2) "**"
    ["question4"] => string(10) "****"
    ["question6"] => string(21) "Rocket League, Halo 5"
    ["question7"] => array(6) {
      [0] => string(1) "0"
      [1] => string(1) "1"
      [2] => string(1) "3"
      [3] => string(1) "4"
      [4] => string(1) "6"
      [5] => string(1) "9"
    }
    ["question8"] => string(1) "0"
    ["question9"] => string(7) "Russ :D"
    ["question10"] => string(204) "I will be doing more gaming on my PC when the new year starts and need a good community of people to start playing with.

Plus, this will give Russ an excuse to ask for free stuff and put me to work :P"
    ["posid"] => string(1) "2"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(6) "/apply"
    ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}

Last edited:
We've been getting this error since the XF 1.5.4 Upgrade when someone tries to submit a application. It may be a configuration issue on our end but it worked fine beforehand.
Steve, what version of the application system are you running? The line where the error is taking place doesn't contain an array. However it is in the area of the Single Selection dropdown question analysis where expected answers are analyzed and that's what it looks like is erroring out. You may have a question set as a single selection dropdown without any selections.

Steve, what version of the application system are you running? The line where the error is taking place doesn't contain an array. However it is in the area of the Single Selection dropdown question analysis where expected answers are analyzed and that's what it looks like is erroring out. You may have a question set as a single selection dropdown without any selections.
1.2.10 Now, @Russ updated it last night it seems to have fixed some issues we were having. I think we had the configuration a bit wrong as well, mainly the PC sender userid.

What is the best way to get my Licence Back? I can't seem to find were I put it, so that I may update this mod.

What is the best way to get my Licence Back? I can't seem to find were I put it, so that I may update this mod.
Log in to your account on my site and either send me a PC or fill out the License Number Request form.

Do you think it is possible to add a form question (answer) type called "HTML Block" which allows you to enter, obviously, any HTML you want to display on the form?

Do you think it is possible to add a form question (answer) type called "HTML Block" which allows you to enter, obviously, any HTML you want to display on the form?
Wouldn't that be generally the same as the 'Information Above Application Form' or 'Agreement' type where you can use BBCode?

Wouldn't that be generally the same as the 'Information Above Application Form' or 'Agreement' type where you can use BBCode?
Well the 'Information Above Application Form' is restricted to only the top of the application, I would use it to give in depth explanations of sections, maybe examples etc.

It didn't occur to me try out the agreement text, I'll check it out when I have a chance and get back to you.

Top Bottom