Ads under first post but not conversations?

karoshio

So,

I'm using

<xen:if is="{$post.position} % {$xenOptions.messagesPerPage} == 0">

</xen:if>

To display an add under only the first post each post and each page of each post but I now noticed this also displays in conversations..

Is there any way to avoid this as it just looks really bad in conversations and if you have a smaller monitor the ad goes under the sidebar.

Just remove the check for the conversation message, like so:

<xen:if is="{$post.position} % {$xenOptions.messagesPerPage} == x">

That will work after the first post on every page.

Bumping this... using Brogan's reference here:

Code:
<xen:if is="{$post.position} % {$xenOptions.messagesPerPage} == x">

In conversations it'll display in every message, any hint to this at all?

What do you want to do?

Sorry, display inside the first post on every page, that snippit I provided works for regular forum threads, but in conversations it shows on every single message.

EDIT: And yes the goal would be to show in every regular thread + conversations on the first post of every page.

I guess @Diablotic had the same problem but it was never answered in this thread.

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/ads-under-first-post-but-not-conversations.29790/#post-501183

Last edited:
I am using these.I want to show my ads every page's first message body and below ? How can I do it?

ad_message_below <xen:if is="{$post.position} % {$xenOptions.messagesPerPage} == 0 AND {$thread.reply_count} > 0">
ad_message_body <xen:if is="{$post.position} % {$xenOptions.messagesPerPage} == 0 AND !{$message.conversation_id}">

Any update to this? It would be awesome if we could get the banner ad under the 1st post in thread and 1st post in conversations, cause right now the ad will appear under each post in convos....any fix?

Could somebody please tell me the difference between these? I've seen both ways mentioned.

<xen:if is="{$post.position} % {$xenOptions.messagesPerPage} == 0">

... or ...

<xen:if is="{$post.position} == 0">

Top Bottom