XF 2.1 Ads showing incorrectly

swiftyste

I have a issue with ads they seem to be adding anywhere they want.. I'm using xenforo advertising settings

{06D1EC55-1734-4A6C-AB46-0C5CFB74244D}.png.webp

But despite this ads are showing in each section just like this......

{1C8E9EDA-C8D8-4FE6-AE40-CD12FFF3241B}.png.webp

I don't have any ad code anywhere else other then what is shown in the advertising settings above.... Could you guide me to take control over this?

That's why it's happening. That's what Auto Ads does. It finds other places to insert ads and inserts them.

If you don't like the effects or the choices Auto Ads makes for your forum, turn off Auto Ads and revert to the regular responsive Google AdSense script.

That's why it's happening. That's what Auto Ads does. It finds other places to insert ads and inserts them.

If you don't like the effects or the choices Auto Ads makes for your forum, turn off Auto Ads and revert to the regular responsive Google AdSense script.
I have never had issues like this with or without auto ads and all coding is what google sent me from the start nothing changed - but i turned off auto ads with same outcome........

Code:
async src="https://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js">
<script>
     (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({
          google_ad_client: "ca-pub-xxxxxxxxxxx",
          enable_page_level_ads: true
     });
Only thing of removed is "<script>" but that's what they give me from the start with "<script>" in place

What has changed is how Google delivers Auto Ads.

But:

1. Any time you make a change in the AdSense scripts it can take up to several hours for the changes to be applied to your site, given how the ads are selected by Google's scripts - although usually the ads just disappear for a few hours...

2. The code you display above is incomplete. It should look like this:

Code:
<script async src="//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js"></script>
<ins class="adsbygoogle"
     style="display:block"
     data-ad-client="ca-pub-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
     data-ad-slot="xxxxxxxxxx"
     data-ad-format="auto"
     data-full-width-responsive="true"></ins>
<script>
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
</script>

That is the script you would normally insert in the ad placements html boxes (some people split it up to optimize page loading, with the first part loaded in the head.../head section).

3. But if you are/were using Auto ads, there is a second script, probably added into PAGE_CONTAINER between the head and the /head tags.

You would need to remove that part AND go back to the Google Auto Ads page at How to set up Auto ads - AdSense Help to turn off the Auto Ads options for your "URL Group".

Last edited:

But:

1. Any time you make a change in the AdSense scripts it can take up to several hours for the changes to be applied to your site, given how the ads are selected by Google's scripts - although usually the ads just disappear for a few hours...

Code:
<script async src="//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js"></script>
<ins class="adsbygoogle"
     data-ad-format="auto"
<script>
</script>

That is the script you would normally insert in the ad placements html boxes (some people split it up to optimize page loading, with the first part loaded in the head.../head section).

3. But if you are/were using Auto ads, there is a second script, probably added into PAGE_CONTAINER between the head and the /head tags.

You would need to remove that part AND go back to the Google Auto Ads page at How to set up Auto ads - AdSense Help to turn off the Auto Ads options for your "URL Group".
typical Google changing everything again, 😂 i have since removed all ad code and updated it with the above code it has fixed it the ad is showing where it should but i still have 1 ad within the same location between sections but only time will tell........

The only issue with PAGE_CONTAINER is i only want ads to be shown on some member groups and not staff and is little easy with advertising settings.

But:

Code:
<ins class="adsbygoogle"
     data-ad-format="auto"
<script>
</script>

Everything is all fixed! I appreciate all your help thank you.

Top Bottom