As designed  Admins are not Admins?

chousho

I created the admin to my account. I then created my own user "Chousho" and wanted to make that an admin, as well.

I registered my Chousho account on my board (user id 2) and did not complete the e-mail confirmation. Instead I logged on in another browser to my admin account (user id 1), set Chousho's User Group to Administrative and the account to valid.

I could not see the Admin option for Chousho. So I added secondary groups Admin and Mod. Still could not see.

I had to go through Administrators, add admin, select my name and then it would show up. Through this action, the only visible difference to me is the un-checking of "Administrative" in the secondary user group on admin.php?users/chousho.2/edit

Is this a bug, or merely a bit of a mix up? It seems like it could be a bit more intuitive.

Personally I'd rather that it not be a one-stop-shopping deal for making someone Admin. It always made me nervous on [that other software] how easy it would be to check off the wrong thing.

No this is how it works - hence why there are the links to make someone an admin or moderator near the user group selector. Changing the user group does not automatically give the status of an admin or mod.

Hmm, that answers that. Although just to let you know it is a little bit confusing that changing their user group does not make their them become that user group, as that is what the appearance seems to be.

So just to give my opinion on this one thing that it could be a little more intuitive, then.

No this is how it works - hence why there are the links to make someone an admin or moderator near the user group selector. Changing the user group does not automatically give the status of an admin or mod.
So, its almost like vbulletin, where you would have to assign them as super admin in config? Is that the case?

What is the difference between an admin and a super admin? Only the user with user id 1 seems to be super admin.

Top Bottom