Not a bug  Administrators don't be able to moderate?

Alluidh

Hi

Is it correct that an administrator isn't be able to moderate xenforo?

If you will be a complete admintrator you need to be in two groups
Moderators
Administrators
because administrators got no part of moderative rights. This isn't good

Administrators
admin.webp
Moderators
moderate.webp

In my opinion administrators had to got both in the administrative group

Hi

Is it correct that an administrator isn't be able to moderate xenforo?

If you will be a complete admintrator you need to be in two groups
Moderators
Administrators
because administrators got no part of moderative rights. This isn't good

I agree with you. ;)

But so we need 2 groups of moderators, one for the admins and one for the moderativ moderators ...
It is good to know because I wasn't that way with the old beta versions ;)

But so we need 2 groups of moderators, ane for the admins and one for the moderativ moderators ...
It is good to know because I wasn't that way with the old beta versions ;)

Just add your admins to the moderator usergroup. It needs to be their secondary usergroup.

Just to be clear, adding someone to the moderating usergroup does not make them a moderator.

You need to explicitly make them a moderator.

Just to be clear, adding someone to the moderating usergroup does not make them a moderator.
You need to explicitly make them a moderator.
Yes, I know and I hate it

Administrative Users should be able to see IP-adresses, moderaitve not (and so on)
So I need
- Administrative
- Moderative for administrative
- Moderative

Administrator got administrative as first and moderative asministrative as sacond group
Modrators need the moderative as there first group

Sorry, but this is ********

The better way is to create two administrative groups if you need one for only technical admins and everyone is only in one groupe. This is better for locating errors ;)

Hey Brogan

Please be fair and move this to Suggestions: Tweaks & Small Features
This ins't [Not a Bug], this is a failed design (for me, and it looks ike for other too)

If I'm the Super Administrator, I'm root (linux) or administrator (windows) or what else. But I'm not alowed to move a message or take a look into the IP of a posting? Sorry but this is stupid ...

I was confused by this at first, but now I like it. I have administrators for different purposes (creating styles, etc).

I like how I can give an administrator style access without giving him access to moderate my users. It's helpful!

You simply have to add yourself as a moderator -- and set the necessary permissions, if you want/need to. What you're proposing doesn't create any flexibility or really simplify things. It just closes off avenues.

I don't follow your group explanation; you just need an admin group and a mod group, as permissions are (usually) additive. Presumably you would still have to have that distinction anyway.

I was confused by this at first, but now I like it. I have administrators for different purposes (creating styles, etc).

I like how I can give an administrator style access without giving him access to moderate my users. It's helpful!
IMHO that doesn't make sense to;)

I would never let somebody work on an style on a liveboard!

IMHO that doesn't make sense to;)

I would never let somebody work on an style on a liveboard!
We have different ways of doing things I guess ;)

I'm the kind of person who grants staff the permissions they need and nothing more. So, this system allows me to grant style permissions and nothing more. Voila!

So you will be able to create an administrative group with lower permissions and call them style-admin or tech-admin. This is the right way for me. But creating two moderator groups, one as a second for admins with more permissions and one for the moderators with lower permissions, is stupid ...

I'm the kind of person who grants staff the permissions they need and nothing more. So, this system allows me to grant style permissions and nothing more. Voila!
Yes, and you are able to do this with a second admin group with lower permisions, because you need a second admin group for this style admins in both ways.

No reason, sorry

Admins and moderators don't (directly) relate to user groups. No groups are needed for them. You can put mods in an additional group if you wish, but it's not required.

because you need a second admin group for this style admins in both ways.
Why do I need a second group? I can just edit the permissions when I make them admin...
f6253e9fcd8f4970a1d142c.png

@James
Yes, this is what I say. What is the different to have this permission in a list of 20 or in a list of 50 permissions?
Where the problem to have all the moderator permissions in the same windows as the administrative permissions? For me there is no problem but it is much easier to handle ...

And you need two groups
One for "normal" admins and one for "style-admins" (this is what I mean with two groups)

@Mike
I'm able to follow you but for me it is clearer to have both parts, the administrative and the moderative part, available for the administrative group so I'm able to customize the permissions i like to use without being member of more than one group.

I don't say "activate all for admins", I ask for having the chance to doing it by myself if I like to do it

[ot]
We have different ways of doing things I guess ;)

Exactly.
Why i should give an designer access to my liveboard.
That's why i give him access to my Staging System and i don't need to be worried that he could destroy something on my live system...
[/ot]

@James
Yes, this is what I say. What is the different to have this permission in a list of 20 or in a list of 50 permissions?
Where the problem to have all the moderator permissions in the same windows as the administrative permissions? For me there is no problem but it is much easier to handle ...

And you need two groups
One for "normal" admins and one for "style-admins" (this is what i say)
I'm confused. Why do I need two groups? I just restrict all permissions when I make that user an administrator (via the administrator tab, not via the usergroup).

There is no problem with having the moderator permissions in the same area as the admin permissions, but separated tabs makes it easier to identify which is which.

I personally prefer this method, but that's just me :P
[ot]

Exactly.
Why i should give an designer access to my liveboard.
That's why i give him access to my Staging System and i don't need to be worried that he could destroy something on my live system...
[/ot]
The only thing my style designer could destroy is my styles, but I trust him. If I wanted a style done by somebody I didn't trust then, of course, it'd be a different matter.

I can give my (trusted) style designer access to my styles on the live board and he's able to update/modify/repair my styles as problems arise (or as he gets a sudden burst of inspiration).
The pro? I don't have to interfere with the style process, he can just 'do his thing'.
The con? He has access to my styles. But I trust him, so it's good!

I'm confused. Why do I need two groups? I just restrict all permissions when I make that user an administrator (via the administrator tab, not via the usergroup).

There is no problem with having the moderator permissions in the same area as the admin permissions, but separated tabs makes it easier to identify which is which.

I personally prefer this method, but that's just me :p
OK, I' sure it's confusing ;)

Goal: Got a Super-Administrator with all permissions and got a Styleadmin with only permission to style

The actually way:
1. You create a Super-Administrator and he needs to be member of the administrative and the moderative group
2. You create a Style-Administrator and disable all administrative permissions with enable the style options

My way ;)
1. You create a Super-Administrator
2. You create a Style-Administrator and disable all administrative permissions with enable the style options

In both way you need 2 administrative groups, but with my way nobody needs to be a member of more then one group.

If you got all permissions for the admin group and you need a special adninistrative person you are able to disable the "not needed persmissions". For me it is a better way as to combine different groups for a result.

Top Bottom