XF 1.4 Administrator Pasword no longer works

MyIPH.ca

I am trying to log on to the Administrator section of our forum and the assigned password is no longer working. Nobody on our side has changed the password and the e-mail reset is not working as we are not receiving e-mail to reset it.

Sounds like someone had a simple password set or a shared password and someone non-authorized accessed the site and reset it. You should be able to add your user ID# into the config.php as a super admin and recover it.

if you have FTP access to your server/site, then simply go into the library/config.php and edit that file. Near the bottom you should see something similar to
Code:
$config['superAdmins'] = 'X';
where X is a user profile number (by default user #1). Simply change it to read
Code:
$config['superAdmins'] = 'X,Y';
Where Y is your profile #... and if necessary you can remove the X to eliminate the possibility of that user logging in as a super admin.
That's ALSO why I don't recommend you using the SuperAdmin profile for anything other than that - and only 1 person should have access to that account. Others can be set up as Administrators and given necessary permissions via the ACP.

Hi, I know this is an old post but was wondering how to display the profile #. I can login as a regular user but still can't get in as the admin/superuser. I do have full ftp access to the site.
Thanks, Markus

Hi, I know this is an old post but was wondering how to display the profile #. I can login as a regular user but still can't get in as the admin/superuser. I do have full ftp access to the site.
Thanks, Markus

Go to your user profile on the site, there you can see the user is #, like on here you are #111045

I can't see any user id, I'm currently on version 1.5.9
I did notice if I hover over my Member Name it will display on bottom status bar (link) with my membername.105
I tried using 105 but still can't access admin back end so I can reset the main admin password.

Top Bottom