XF 2.0 Can't get in to admin control panel due to request for 2-step verification

I am an new user setting up my forum and have been logging in and out of my admin panel with no problem. Now today when I try to log in I am being asked that I have to enable 2-step verification in order to continue.

I never set this as a requirement for our forum so I don't know why this is showing up now when it never did before.

And if I try to enable the 2-step verification, it will not take my password in order to enable.

So I am stuck and locked out of my own forum. Please help. Here is a video demonstrating.

You can add this to the src/config.php file:

$config['enableTfa'] = false;

Then you should be able to get into the ACP and see what is going on.

By any chance did you yourself recently change any permissions? Did you change admin permissions in bulk by setting all to yes? Because there is a permission in there to require 2 step verification, though I'm not sure why your password page would be doing nothing like that.

Yes, I did bulk permission changes so that explains the request for 2 step verification. I have a ticket open on why the password page is not responding or grabbing the value entered.

Top Bottom