Implemented AdminCP / Styling / Templates suggestion

ExpertPixels.com

Hey all,

I thought in the past i had a grip on XF but in the past few days ive really fallen in love with the platform and am jumping on board the bandwagon now.. As a designer i would like to make what sounds like a simple request but i am guessing wouldn't be all that easy to implement.. then again maybe the XF "Draft Saving" feature could be modified I really am unsure of the XF front-end / creating a post / draft feature at the time of writing this..

Anyways my request / suggestion.. would be a template revision system to be able to revert back to a older version of the template rather than a complete revert back to the default xf template..

Please tell me ive not overlooked something already thought of / in place ? only in the past few days have i found myself really digging into XF templates for a style i am working on and have found some edits haven't worked out and ive needed to revert and have either a notepad open or re-import the .xml to get the style back to a functioning state. Again I do hope this is not a mentioned / covered / possibility already (If so i apologize in advanced as i am only / finally putting other platforms on hold / in the recycle bin to work with XF).

Regards, Darren

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
You can click "View History" which will list all of the versions.

Comparisons can be made and the pre-edit content checked.

A simple copy and paste will then "revert" the template to any saved version.

TY.. see i knew someone would of already been onto it yet i missed another simple thing today :( maybe someone can make something to lock me out of my admincp after 12+ hours so i can not waste my own time and others :(

Darren

Send me your passwords, I'll change them. :D (Don't really, I won't. Lol)

HAHA i guess everyone has that happen at some point but other must surely learn when to call it a night.. my brain is in overdrive and while i know the extra hours will almost be assured to turn out to be a complete waste and i will start fresh again the next day i still can't help but try push through that silly mental barrier that prevents logical thinking.. like now 18hours in code / templates / websites and i'll wake up tomorrow and think that's rubbish what was i thinking. :(

well at the very least i hope someone can relate to do this, otherwise i am going to seek help haha.

Top Bottom