• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Compliments on the XF styling / templates system

CyclingTribe

I've spent the past couple of evenings working on my test XF site, modifying the layout to suit my current live site, changing fonts, colours, logos and icons etc.

What a refreshing approach to styling.

I haven't had to touch a single template (well, okay, apart from EXTRA.css) and everything has been easily achieved through the ACP and the Style Properties system.

Granted, it's still a recognisable XF board, but now it looks like my XF board.

Well done on creating a flexible system that is easy to use. (y)

I understand the template conditionals offer an amazing array of posibilities too, but they'll have to wait until I'm less ... :sleep:

Cheers,
Shaun :D

Marcus

Shaun, great it works out for you. To be fair, your forum looks very much like a colored xenforo with the flexile style available here :)

CyclingTribe

Shaun, great it works out for you. To be fair, your forum looks very much like a colored xenforo with the flexile style available here :)
Wrong forum Marcus - sorry, I should have mentioned it, it's the CycleChat test site I'm restyling. :D

I'm moving it from IP.Board 3.1.4 to XF once v1.1 goes stable. (y)

I'll post a request for feedback in the appropriate forum once I've got it finished so everyone can contrast and compare the current site and the proposed XF layout.