1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not a Bug Admin Permissions Issue

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by estranged, Mar 13, 2011.

1. estranged

estranged Well-Known Member

I added an admin and only selected "Edit users and moderators" and "Manage bans"

However I noticed they also have access to dangerous parts like "rebuild caches" or "email users" and I think they shouldn't.

2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

I don't see how rebuild caches is necessarily dangerous for an admin to have.

Emailing users is included under the edit/manage users permission, so that is the expected behavior.

3. estranged

For a large board, you would not want rebuild search indexes run accidentally as it may cause server load problems.

Even if it wasn't dangerous I would prefer my admins to see only the parts I choose.

I'm trying to find the emailing users in user permissions haven't been able to find it yet.

Rigel Kentaurus likes this.
  4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Do you mean Users -> Email Users?

Or are you looking for an admin permission setting for that?

5. estranged

Admin Panel - Users - Email Users (admin.php?users/email)

I don't want any admins access that part. I also don't want them to access rebuild search indexes.

6. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

As I mentioned, emailing users is part of managing users.

If you think things should be separated or there should be additional admin permissions, I'd recommend posting them in suggestions as other people may have their own ideas.

7. estranged

I still believe this is definitely a bug. If I only choose "Manage Bans" when adding an admin. I expect it to allow only managing bans. I don't want them to rebuild caches.

Ok. I'll post the email users issue as a suggestion.

Alien, high1976, Grover and 1 other person like this.
  8. Grover

Grover Well-Known Member

Yes, I certainly agree with that.

Alien and Rigel Kentaurus like this.