XF 2.0 Admin panel path change

There'll be a few templates to change, I think, for those places which link directly to admin.php, but the change to the routing formatter itself can be done without changing any core files in XF2.

Just add the following to your src/config.php file:
PHP:
$c['router.admin.formatter'] = $c->wrap(function($route, $queryString)
{
   $suffix = $route . (strlen($queryString) ? '&' . $queryString : '');
   return strlen($suffix) ? 'not_admin.php?' . $suffix : 'not_admin.php';
});
Replace not_admin.php with whichever name you have renamed admin.php to.

@Chris D are there plans to make this configurable in future releases? I don't really like the fact that whoever knows what forums we are using can get to the admin page as well. We have 2 step auth set up for admins, but I am still sucker for best security possible :)

@Chris D are there plans to make this configurable in future releases? I don't really like the fact that whoever knows what forums we are using can get to the admin page as well. We have 2 step auth set up for admins, but I am still sucker for best security possible :)
Implement .htaccess protection on admin.php. There is no reason to change it, as a determined attacker will find the new file name even if you name it 128 random letters.

Fillip

With two step verification and TOTP, I’d be more than happy to give people my admin URL and my admin login details and good luck to them.

I’m not going to... but I’d be confident enough in it.

With a strong, unique password and 2FA protection you’ve got no worries at all.

Top Bottom