Browser issue Admin options "dataList-row:hover" in RTL shifted to the right

Fethi.dz

Affected version
XF2.1 Beta 2
Hello,

In RTL "AR" the hover background of the data list in the Admin Options shifts to the right when hover on an option.

I'm not able to reproduce this, either with a "fake" RTL language or a full translation:

I tried in both Firefox and Chrome. Can you still reproduce this? Can you provide browser details?

Hi,

I did a test on Chrome and you are right, there is no issue with the hover bar.

On Firefox I have no idea what the problem whit it, I cleared the cache and the problem still exist, so I tried hard refresh Ctrl+F5 the problem gone but as soon as I refresh the page again the issue come back 😫

I have managed to reproduce this now, though this looks like a Firefox rendering bug as any trivial change to the CSS in the developer tools resolves the issue (as does changing the zoom).

I'm not sure we'll be able to workaround this. I'm also not that optimistic that we can create a reduced test case to report to Mozilla as it may involve a number of moving parts.

The suggested change would potentially impact word wrapping, and only on hover which could cause some unexpected results.

I'm very confident this is a browser issue though after some testing. I have managed to create a reproduction case and have submitted a bug report:

I would recommend tracking the issue there from here on.

Top Bottom