1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Implemented Admin Edit Link on Profile

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by JamesBrown, Oct 30, 2010.

1. JamesBrown

JamesBrown Well-Known Member

Using forum software from the darkside I can click on a user name to see their public profile and then click again to quickly edit their user profile in admin.

Using xF if I have an issue with a user I have to leave his public profile, log in to admin and then search for the user before I can edit them. It would be much better if there were a link,available to admins in the public profile so I can click straight through to admin. Thanks​
    Rudy, jmurrayhead, Mr_Bob and 10 others like this.
  2. TNCclubman

TNCclubman Well-Known Member

Cant find this request anywhere. Its a pain having to go edit a member (example change their username) by going in the admin paney, list all users etc. It would be nice to have a link on the members profile page that goes right to their edit member info page in the admin section.
    Mark3121, gldtn and Trombones13 like this.
  3. Decent60

Decent60 Well-Known Member

There are a few template edits that are very quick, effective and easy to do in the template edit section.
    I do agree, that a built-in feature would be nicer though
  4. kforo

kforo Active Member

I can't mention how many times I leave usernotes in vb. When users have sales issues or countless other things, it leaves staff a way to log past problems easily.

The other thing - I'm always inside user profiles to get to the notes etc, and then I'm so used to clicking into their "profile admincp page". That way their info can be altered, usergroup changed, etc etc.

The way I'm seeing things now, I have to click into the admincp, do a search for the user I was just looking at, and then make altertations.

will either of these functions be added, or do I need to look for a programmer to make these additions?
    Mr_Bob likes this.
  5. Decent60

Decent60 Well-Known Member

kforo likes this.
  6. Opik

Opik Member

would be great if admins could see a link to ACP in users profile,
    so that they can edit the user.

Regards Opik
  7. dutchbb

dutchbb Well-Known Member

It could be done like the members cards, although some may not notice it:

8. Gladius

Gladius Well-Known Member

9. BamaStangGuy

BamaStangGuy Well-Known Member

Same. It is the small things like this that should be standard.
  10. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Done for 1.1.4.
  11. jmurrayhead

jmurrayhead Well-Known Member

THANK YOU! (y)
  12. Gladius

Gladius Well-Known Member