Admin Control Panel - Find/Replace in Templates

khurt

In the admin control panel, it would be useful to be able to find and replace text in templates based on style.

For example, find "@PrimaryDarker" and replace with "@PrimaryLighter" within all templates under "Default Style".

Another example would be to find "circle-arrow-up.png" and replace it with "circle-arrow-up-light.png" for all templates.

I do appreciate that circle-arrow-up-light.png was included. :)

Upvote 9
Enthusiastically support this.
It's a much valued feature of VB and now I'm learning Wordpress I really miss it.

But I think having both FIND and FIND+REPLACE separately is better. I often need to locate but I don't necessarily know exactly what I'm going to change until I see it. Or I might want to Copy it to use elsewhere.

For find I just use FF's find function, however having replace (with the std features replace all, replace next, skip) would be eggsellent :).

I don't think so.

While the new Template Modification functionality can do this for a specific template, it's not possible to do a global find and replace on all templates within a style.

I don't think so.

While the new Template Modification functionality can do this for a specific template, it's not possible to do a global find and replace on all templates within a style.

Oh, Globally, yeah that's not implemented.

Top Bottom