1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Admin Control Panel - Find/Replace in Templates

Discussion in 'XenForo Suggestions' started by khurt, Oct 10, 2010.

1. khurt

khurt Member

In the admin control panel, it would be useful to be able to find and replace text in templates based on style.

For example, find "@PrimaryDarker" and replace with "@PrimaryLighter" within all templates under "Default Style".

Another example would be to find "circle-arrow-up.png" and replace it with "circle-arrow-up-light.png" for all templates.

I do appreciate that circle-arrow-up-light.png was included. :)
  2. Shanj

Shanj Well-Known Member

Enthusiastically support this.
    It's a much valued feature of VB and now I'm learning Wordpress I really miss it.

But I think having both FIND and FIND+REPLACE separately is better. I often need to locate but I don't necessarily know exactly what I'm going to change until I see it. Or I might want to Copy it to use elsewhere.
  3. CFodder

CFodder Well-Known Member

For find I just use FF's find function, however having replace (with the std features replace all, replace next, skip) would be eggsellent :).
  4. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

Replace function is NEEDED!
  5. Shanj

Shanj Well-Known Member

The ordinary Find function doesn't work on a textarea. It only works on static stuff on the page.
  6. Vincent

Vincent Well-Known Member

This is implemented now, isn't it? :)
  7. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I don't think so.

While the new Template Modification functionality can do this for a specific template, it's not possible to do a global find and replace on all templates within a style.
  8. Vincent

Vincent Well-Known Member

Oh, Globally, yeah that's not implemented.
  9. RichardKYA

RichardKYA Well-Known Member

+1 for this. It's a much needed tool.