[AddonsLab] Navigation Badge

[AddonsLab] Navigation Badge 1.0.0

No permission to download

AddonsLab

AddonsLab submitted a new resource:

[AddonsLab] Navigation Badge - Allows adding a static or dynamically generated badge next to any public navigation entry.

The add-on solves the problem of having a badge/counter in your navigation bar. XenForo 2.x has navigation manager, where you can create any tabs/sub-menu, however, it does allow to put some additional badge on them (for example, when you need to highlight one of your tabs with a "New!" badge, or want some type of counter on the tab). This add-on can also be used by other add-ons that need to add a dynamically generated content (see [AddonsLab] Unread Post Count add-on as an example)...

Read more about this resource...

Is it possible to add "New!" in red next to a new forum post as well? Trying to find where to edit that.

Navigation Badge add-on itself does not add the number of posts, just creates the ability for admins to set custom badges or for other add-ons to add their dynamically generated badge in any tab. It is [AddonsLab] Unread Post Count add-on adding the counter. We will modify that product to include the counter in a language phrase, so you can easily update the phrase with any custom text.

We will release the change there soon.

Thank you!

Is it possible to change the color of the (New!) badge?

The badges are elements styles using CSS rules and can be designed using CSS as you want. The following rule can be used to change the background and text color on default style:

CSS:
.navwhatsNew .badgeContainer.badgeContainer--highlighted:after {
    color: ANY_TEXT_COLOR !important;
    background: ANY_BACKGROUND_COLOR !important;
}

.navwhatsNew is in this case a CSS class assigned to "What's New" tab. Every tab has it unique CSS class so you can change the design of one particular tab or all tabs at once. This is not specific to our add-on in any way, so feel free to contact your theme provider/designer for a suggestion on how to design the badges.

Thank you!

Hello
Where can i find all the available classname and methodname as for ex :
NewsPost : AL\UnreadPostCount\Callback::getUnreadPostCount
I am looking for New Profile Post / New ressources etc
Thanks

Hello
Where can i find all the available classname as for
NewsPost : AL\UnreadPostCount\Callback::getUnreadPostCount
I am looking for New Profile Post / New ressources etc
Thanks

Hello!

getUnreadPostCount is for now the only method implemented. The product does not support new profile posts, new resources etc.

Thank you!

Hi, Can you tell me if creating a drop down with choices like "States" is a better option than just having user enter the State in a text field? I don't know what is more beneficial performance wise and such. Thanks!

Hello @AddonsLab,
I have created a new "Basic" entry in the navbar and i specfied a static value.
The value displays bad :

2018-10-10 02_04_57-Service pro - La boutique _ vos pièces détachées Asus _ Le forum des port...webp

The static badge is working ok if i create a new entry with option "Element" ticked on :

2018-10-10 02_06_11-Service pro - La boutique _ vos pièces détachées Asus _ Le forum des port...webp

Would yoou know how to fix this ?
Thanks for your support.

Hello everyone,

Hello @AddonsLab,
I have created a new "Basic" entry in the navbar and i specfied a static value.
The value displays bad :

View attachment 185063

The static badge is working ok if i create a new entry with option "Element" ticked on :

View attachment 185064

Would yoou know how to fix this ?
Thanks for your support.

This seems to be an issue with your custom theme. Switching back to the default theme you should be able to see the badge properly. Check it out on our demo board at https://xf2.addonslab.com/index.php where Members tab has "Pro!" badge on it. Here is the configuration for it from the admin panel:
1539151056424.webp

If the value itself is in HTML, just looks bad, I am sure your theme provider will have some suggestion for you how to fix it. If you need our assistance with fixing the look for your custom theme please open a ticket at https://customers.addonslab.com/submitticket.php and we will discuss the issue and the terms to fix it.

Hello,

I want "New" with this style

View attachment 185068

If yes then how to do?

Thanks

The part "New" is in the page and can be styled with CSS. The CSS selector that applies CSS rules to all badges would be .badgeContainer.badgeContainer--highlighted.customBadgeContainer:after and to apply it to one tab only, let's say for Members tab would be .badgeContainer.badgeContainer--highlighted.navmembers.customBadgeContainer:after . I did try out what could be the minimal CSS to achieve what you need, but it seems to be more complicated than expected. The container of the tabs with CSS class ".hScroller" hides the content that is out of its box, resulting in look like this:

1539151739557.webp

If you are using a custom theme, feel free to contact your theme provider for further suggestions and assistance. If you need our assistance with it we can handle it as a customization request only. Feel free to open a ticket at https://customers.addonslab.com/submitticket.php to discuss the terms of the completion if you are interested.

Thank you!

Would it be possible to use it as unread post count for a specific node? I'd like to have a navigation item for the classifieds section and I used to have unread post count just for classifieds in xf1.5. I'd like to bring it back for my users.

Would it be possible to use it as unread post count for a specific node? I'd like to have a navigation item for the classifieds section and I used to have unread post count just for classifieds in xf1.5. I'd like to bring it back for my users.

Our add-on https://xenforo.com/community/resources/addonslab-unread-post-count.5840/ provides only the total count. It is possible to implement a callback that would return the count of unread posts in a particular forum only. Feel free to contact us at https://customers.addonslab.com/submitticket.php if you us to develop a custom solution for you. Other XenForo 2.x developers should be able to do it as well looking at our code for Unread Post Count add-on.

Thank you!

Top Bottom