[AddonsLab] Conversation Permissions

[AddonsLab] Conversation Permissions 1.5.2

No permission to download

AddonsLab

AddonsLab submitted a new resource:

[AL] Conversation Permissions - Allows admins to put minimum number of posts required to start a conversation or reply in one

The add-on adds two new usergroup permission:

1. Create Conversation: Min Post Count
  2. Reply to Conversation: Min Post Count
If a user does not have enough posts to start a conversation, they see the "no permission" error when they try to start a conversation.

If a user does not have enough posts to reply to a conversation, they just do not see the reply field.

Support will be provided in the Discussion Thread at XenForo.com and in our Support System at...

Read more about this resource...

There isn't actually a simple 'Reply to conversations' permission in the core, is there? This add-on handles it by post count but a basic 'Allow or Never' permission to reply to conversations would be useful.

There isn't actually a simple 'Reply to conversations' permission in the core, is there? This add-on handles it by post count but a basic 'Allow or Never' permission to reply to conversations would be useful.

Yes, there is no permission to define if a user can reply to a conversation. It is controlled by the conversation being open or no. We will implement a switch-type permission for this, but for now, it can be easily achieved by putting some high number in post count field, like in the screenshot attached.

Thank you!

Attachments

• Screenshot at Sep 14 13-48-15.webp
    Screenshot at Sep 14 13-48-15.webp
    29.7 KB · Views: 48
This would be great if you could also have an inbox quota (max number of conversations) in the permissions.

This would be great if you could also have an inbox quota (max number of conversations) in the permissions.

Thank you for the suggestion. We will consider implementing it.

How is this installed?

There are no specific installation instructions for the add-on. You should install it as any other XF 2.x add-on, by uploading the files from upload directory to your forum's root directory and go to Admin Panel -> Add-ons and you should see it in the list of available add-ons, where you can click Install to install it.

Thank you!

There are no specific installation instructions for the add-on. You should install it as any other XF 2.x add-on, by uploading the files from upload directory to your forum's root directory and go to Admin Panel -> Add-ons and you should see it in the list of available add-ons, where you can click Install to install it.
Thank you!

Just realised that this is only for XF 2.x which is the beta version, sorry.

I knew Xenforo was popular, but to see that the devil himself (herself?) uses it...well, color me impressed.

AddonsLab updated [AL] Conversation Permissions with a new update entry:

New permissions - Conversation Count Quota and View Conversation post count

Hello everyone!

In this release, we have implemented two new permissions. Now you can set the quota on the overall number of conversations users can have. This includes both sent and received conversations. If a user exceeds this limit, they will not be able to start a conversation and other users will not be able to send a conversation to them.

Another permission defines the minimum number of posts users should have to read their conversations. If users have fewer posts, they can still...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Thank you for the suggestion. We will consider implementing it.

Thank you thank you!

I think it would be useful to add one extra feature that mods or admins can override the recipient quota, i.e. if the recipient has a full inbox, they should still receive PCs from staff. Or a user group permission to allow sending to a recipient with full inbox.

Last edited:
Thank you thank you!

I think it would be useful to add one extra feature that mods or admins can override the recipient quota, i.e. if the recipient has a full inbox, they should still receive PCs from staff.

You are welcome! Sure, we will implement that permission as well and will release the update soon.

Thank you!

AddonsLab updated [AL] Conversation Permissions with a new update entry:

New permission: Override recipient quota

This is the next update implementing a permission for usergroups to override recipient quota.

View attachment 161761

Feel free to suggest further enhancements for the add-on or report any issues you have and they will be addressed asap.

Please consider posting a review if you are using the add-on and let us and other users know how it works for you.

Thank you!

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi,

Thanks for the great add-on (y)

My suggestion: It will be grate if post count can be overide if the recipient belong to admin or mod group so any user can send a conversation to an admin if he needs a support or something else to discuss.

Hi,

Thanks for the great add-on (y)

My suggestion: It will be grate if post count can be overide if the recipient belong to admin or mod group so any user can send a conversation to an admin if he needs a support or something else to discuss.

Thank you for the suggestion. We will consider it and implement it soon.

Thank you!

Great add on. Would love to see it have an option to also prevent members from posting on user profile unless they have X amount of posts. Because people will find a way of posting on profile after finding out they can’t PM.

Also it would be great that if a user has not yet met the criteria i.e X amount posts before using the conversation function, then other members cannot message them either other than the admin (so the welcome message upon registration still works).

Another thing which would be great is to still allow the "Start Conversation" to be visible and shoot up the error because at the moment, members are confused why they can't message and if you still allow the button to be visible and shoot an error 'Must have X amount of posts' this way there is no confusion. Same goes with the 'reply back' field, for example a member would type back and press reply but it would says 'Sorry you need X amount of posts'.

Hope this is all makes sense, if not let me know and great Add-on. Keep it up!

Last edited:
Thank you thank you!

I think it would be useful to add one extra feature that mods or admins can override the recipient quota, i.e. if the recipient has a full inbox, they should still receive PCs from staff. Or a user group permission to allow sending to a recipient with full inbox.

Thanks for implmenting this.

You did say "Feel free to suggest further enhancements for the add-on or report any issues you have and they will be addressed asap."

So here's another one:

When people have an inbox quota, they obviously need to leave some conversations to get some quota back.

It would be useful to have an export conversation feature so they can archive important conversations.

Top Bottom