[AddonFlare] XF2 Ignore/Block Essentials [Deleted]

Have others used slow query logger to measure this? if so then please post the results. The addon can be found here:
@AddonFlare this is a serious issue reported 3 months ago. A 5.7 second query on forum index is an absolute showstopper. Even on a relatively slow server. Please address this.

Has this issue been resolved yet?

The one i posted here was logged by slow query logger by Xon. Disappointed when they can’t solve the issue till now, it seems they don’t really know how to solve it.

I got this mod based on a reference from this thread, but I can't figure it out. I'm not able to use groups in the global block field. Can you read the post and tell me if your mod can do this? Thank you.

AddonFlare updated [AddonFlare] XF2 Ignore/Block Essentials with a new update entry:

New Features + Bug Fixes

This version includes many important performance improvements and bug fixes. We recommend everyone to upgrade as soon as possible.

New Features:
  • Admins can now force users to block each other
    • AdminCP -> Search user -> Edit User
    • OR through Public user profile -> "Moderator tools" dropdown -> Edit
      • From there, look for the "Force user blocking" block towards the bottom of the page)
      • Note: This can be applied as a 1-way or 2-way block. To use the 2-way "true"...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Admins can now force users to block each other

Happy Yes It Is GIF

How do I force a user to ignore another? If this isn't a feature, it needs to be.
I would also love the Admin option to "force ignore"
Memory issue with the server, still chasing if it's related to this addon ...will update as needed.
I'd pay so much for an addon that did this
This addon keeps logged slow queries on larger sites. I had lodged a complaint since two months ago but the ticket was left without any updates.
Looks good but this would benefit from a feature giving admin and mods the ability to impose 2 way ignores on users.
Please update us! I would like to use this on my big board but can't with the known issues.

All of these items and more are addressed in the update that was just released. Enjoy :)

Users reporting seeing this when someone who has blocked them makes a thread and has a recent reply.

View attachment 222885

For a user who has never Blocked someone or Ignored a thread, this can be pretty distressing to see. If there is a way that it could simply skip over that thread entirely it would be excellent.
Was this fixed? I am not really excited to have to pay $30 to renew after all these months, so please let me know if this isf ixed before I spend my money...

Was this fixed? I am not really excited to have to pay $30 to renew after all these months, so please let me know if this isf ixed before I spend my money...
Yes, we re-did a big portion of that feature and it's working as expected on our test forums.

Yes, we re-did a big portion of that feature and it's working as expected on our test forums.
Thank you. I've installed the update, but users can't view any posts within threads. I have tried rebuilding the addon data, looked at permissions, and can't find the cause. Mods and members can't see any posts, the admin account can see everything fine, though.

Edit: Okay, this is only happening in a specific theme. Sorry for the trouble and thank you again.

I decided to take advantage of the Labor Day sale and just bought a lifetime license for this add-on. I hope that it will develop into a complete Ignore solution and add the ability to ignore threads and forums too.

How soon will this be made available for 2.2?
Within the next 2-3 weeks or earlier.

Users are still reporting this issue, is there some kind of step I may have missed?
We're unable to replicate this but it can be due to a difference in data. Can you please open a support ticket with additional screenshots and the username who's seeing this so we can take a better look?

Top Bottom