[AddonFlare] XF2 Ignore/Block Essentials [Deleted]

Still have this error:
Running on 2.1.7
An update is releasing shortly to correct this.

Are you kidding me? The users are shown a notice that the person is globally ignored. This is worthless unless removed.
It only shows that message if you have permissions to see global ignored content:

Screen Shot 2020-03-20 at 7.41.01 PM.webp

In this example, admins will see this:

Screen Shot 2020-03-20 at 7.36.04 PM.webp

And non-admins will see this:

Screen Shot 2020-03-20 at 7.36.14 PM.webp

Our large site had constantly slowlog since installing this addon last Jan, causing several site downtime along with insanely high cpu load. Earlier I don't have any idea what was came from until i see it from Xon's slow query log.

I think you should fix this addon.

Our large site had constantly slowlog since installing this addon last Jan, causing several site downtime along with insanely high cpu load. Earlier I don't have any idea what was came from until i see it from Xon's slow query log.

I think you should fix this addon.
I had exactly the same issue. Glad to see I was not the only one.
Thanks for the update @AddonFlare, I hope this fixes it.

in case addonflare is monitoring this thread currently, I put in a support ticket to change my domain this morning, but haven’t gotten a response. Members are getting agitated and want the feature back, but I have no way to update this myself.

Users reporting seeing this when someone who has blocked them makes a thread and has a recent reply.

1587243898371.webp

For a user who has never Blocked someone or Ignored a thread, this can be pretty distressing to see. If there is a way that it could simply skip over that thread entirely it would be excellent.

This sounds
Users reporting seeing this when someone who has blocked them makes a thread and has a recent reply.

View attachment 222885

For a user who has never Blocked someone or Ignored a thread, this can be pretty distressing to see. If there is a way that it could simply skip over that thread entirely it would be excellent.
that’s great. 😂

Thank you for this add-on. I’m so pleased you made this. 👍🏻
Sadly I spent all savings on this when I’m saving for the bank add-on, but when I am able to I will buy that one.
Thank you.

Same issue today when I updated to the latest version of this plugin....crashed the database.

Uninstalled until this can be corrected.

Memory issue with the server, still chasing if it's related to this addon ...will update as needed.

Last edited:
Back in the vBulletin days, block features had two main problems:

1) Thread starters could essentially block people from the entire thread.

2) Post counts and page numbers got messed up, as did the "go to last unread post" functionality

How does this mod handle those two situations?

Also, I saw above somebody talking about problems with 'changing their domain' -- does the functionality of this mod involve some kind of API call to another website?

An update is in the works that will include many of the suggestions and bug fixes.

1) Thread starters could essentially block people from the entire thread.
There's an option to allow users to still see the first post of a thread, even if the author has blocked them.

2) Post counts and page numbers got messed up, as did the "go to last unread post" functionality
There are no known issues related to this. Post counts/page numbers/last unread work as normal.

Also, I saw above somebody talking about problems with 'changing their domain' -- does the functionality of this mod involve some kind of API call to another website?
Our add-ons don't include any API or callbacks. The add-on files are tied to your license URL and it will show an error notice if they don't match.

I just purchased and installed the add-on today and it's great so far! I've just noticed one issue when testing. The Ignored User still appears in the Members Online list.

Edit: Nevermind! It's because I was testing with my staff account. When I tested with a non-staff account, ignored users didn't show up on the members online list. :)

Last edited:
There are no known issues related to this. Post counts/page numbers/last unread work as normal.

Thanks!

More specifically, mods like this in the past broke links to posts so you couldn't even follow notifications from quotes if one of the people in the thread had you blocked. Do notification links still go to the correct post, even if people in the thread have blocked you? Do the post numbers iterate normally, or do they 'skip' a number when there's a post by a blocked person?

Top Bottom