[AddonFlare] Paid Registrations

[AddonFlare] Paid Registrations 1.8.2

No permission to download
I installed this at the first of the year using 10.6.15 (10.6.15-MariaDB).

There have been no issues, but something can go amiss when migrating with table structure rules.

Have you tried a site backup, and then reinstalling the registration software anew under MariaDB?
I will give this a shot if I can be certain there's a problem... I did an experiment with one of my sites and registration worked fine. I had one user who made two payments and said they weren't able to finish registering and another who I see also made two payments but never signed up for an account. I wonder if it's possible they just bought two GIFT upgrades. I really have no idea and they're not answering emails...
MySQL 8 to MariaDb 10 isnt recommended from my understanding.
I upgraded from MySQL 5.7.

The developer of this ADD on is ultra busy. We use this plugin without troubles for some years. Also have other ADD on's from him. However, this add on could really need some features and update, agree.

The developer of this ADD on is ultra busy. We use this plugin without troubles for some years. Also have other ADD on's from him. However, this add on could really need some features and update, agree.
Unless I'm seeing things wrong, it's been more than 2 years since he updated any of his addons (all but this one have been deleted), and he hasn't made a post for well over a year and half. So I would say it's more than him just being very busy. Probably mainly just a lack of interest. ;)

The developer of this ADD on is ultra busy.
No reason to disbelieve this. However, taking together the facts that the last update for the addon was 2 years ago, that the last post from the dev on this forum was May 2023, and (most significantly) that the addon is still on sale at the dev's site, I'm struggling to make sense of it all. Surely the addon should no longer be on sale?

Unless I'm seeing things wrong, it's been more than 2 years since he updated any of his addons (all but this one have been deleted), and he hasn't made a post for well over a year and half. So I would say it's more than him just being very busy. Probably mainly just a lack of interest. ;)

No reason to disbelieve this. However, taking together the facts that the last update for the addon was 2 years ago, that the last post from the dev on this forum was May 2023, and (most significantly) that the addon is still on sale at the dev's site, I'm struggling to make sense of it all. Surely the addon should no longer be on sale?
I kinda get the feeling he's 'no longer with us', if you know what I mean... Hopefully that's not the case.

I kinda get the feeling he's 'no longer with us', if you know what I mean... Hopefully that's not the case.
The thought did cross my mind, but I was going on the assumption that the person who said he's been very busy was basing that on some kind of communication with the dev. Otherwise, I've no idea why he would have said it. Hopefully that's true.

It would certainly help if the developer spent 2 minutes to post an "I'm on the case," or whatever to reassure customers with long-term subscriptions that this add-on will continue to be developed, or at least updated for new XF versions.

The only other alternative I see comes from AndyB, but he isn't apparently going to consider using XF's existing member upgrade profiles and payment processors. Too bad.

I have to agree with some of the posts here, if the item is still up for sale, and people can possibly spend money without any chance of support or update (keep in mind 2.3 is right around the corner) than it likely shouldn't be be here either. It takes less than 30 seconds to log in and say "Hey, we're still here!"

Hopefully they are well, although chances are if the unmentionable were to have happened, their site would likely not still be around.

I have 3 lifetime licenses with addonflare, i have emailed them and asked if they continue to offer support addons if new XF version will not be compatible, will update you guys if they reply. Regards!

I wonder if anyone else would be willing to take over their moods add-on or create a better version. Scared to purchase it when the site and responses are a ghost tone.

Top Bottom