1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Add-on Addon "Tab" Problem

Discussion in 'Resource and Add-on Discussions' started by TheSalt, Feb 16, 2014.

1. TheSalt

TheSalt Active Member

Hello Gang!

I'm running XF 1.2. I just uninstalled [EXTRA] Portal and removed the files from the server. I then installed [Portal] XenPorta. I now have two 'Home' tabs in my nav bar. Does anyone know how it remove one? Below is a link to my forum. Thank you for your help!

www.californiareefs.com

Last edited: Feb 16, 2014
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Questions related to add-ons should be posted in the respective add-on discussion thread.
    In this case, xenporta.

However, the solution is probably to remove the default home tab in the options.

Chris D likes this.
  3. TheSalt

TheSalt Active Member

Hello Brogan,

I agree but I'm not sure where that would be. Are you talking about <Home <Xenporta <Options? I hope there is another place that you can point me to that controls the tabs. I tried the Xenporta option but I didn't see a change to anything. Is there another place in ACP that allows me to make those changes? Could this be a CSS change [EXTRA] made and then after adding [PORTAL] it did the same leaving me with two 'Home' tabs? Thank you for your time.

4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I can't comment on xenporta, I have never used it; hence why questions related to it should be asked in the add-on thread.

I was referring to the standard home page settings in the options.

Chris D likes this.
  5. Dan

Dan Well-Known Member

Extra Portal doesn't make any css changes.

TheSalt likes this.
  6. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

It's a core feature in XenForo. Disable that.

TheSalt likes this.
  7. EQnoble

EQnoble Well-Known Member

If you want to keep a home tab created by an addon and remove your default home tab you can easily just go to...

ACP -> Options -> Basic Board Information :

Find the line that reads: Home Page URL , erase that and save.

A note from that line:
    This is the URL to your home page, outside of the board. If this is left blank, 'Home' will not appear in the navigation.

TheSalt likes this.
  8. TheSalt

TheSalt Active Member

Thank you everyone!