1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adding the forum to a plugin on a Facebook Page?

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by RossEvaske, Jun 2, 2016.

1. RossEvaske

RossEvaske Member

Hi,

As some of you may know, im sure vBulletin allowed you to put the forum on a Facebook page (possibly in an iFrame? it was located here;

https://www.facebook.com/vbulletin/app/241880542500773/

Do these still work on your Facebook pages? If so can you post yours. Im looking to re-install my vBulletin / XenForo - Depending which one allows me to do this so I can use it for a popular page.

Thanks
    Ross

2. Carla Birch

Carla Birch Well-Known Member

vBulletin support forums might be a better/faster way to get feedback to if it still works. Personally back when if come out and i still used vB i did not like the facebook page, it kept people away from my main site and the spam levels went up.

3. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

I think the question was in the context of XenForo. I'm not sure how this works specifically, but out of the box, XF can't be embedding in an iframe like that to prevent clickjacking attacks. You can disable this via config.php, but beyond this, we don't really have and "special" handling for loading in an iframe.