XF 2.1 Adding Text to Registration Form

Sean Engle

Hi -

This is going to sound pretty elementary - but I need to add some text to the registration form - at the Location field - telling folks they HAVE to put in their location or I'll bounce their application.

Typically I would have just added some text somewhere in the Registration Form template, next to the Location field, but I looked at it, am not a developer and am concerned about hosing the script, etc.

Can someone advise the best place to do this, and what it might entail (code), please?

Thanks -

//sse

Thank you - but that was not the question. I have 'Location required' enabled currently.

The issue is that I want to place some text after the box - warning people to put in a straight city/state location - else I will bounce their application - as I am sick of getting zip codes and otherwise incoherent trash in that field because everyone is worried about their personal information. I just want to enter some text to the Registration Page - that's all.

Thanks,
//sse

Template: register_macros

Find:
HTML:
<xf:if is="$xf.options.registrationSetup.requireLocation">
        <xf:textboxrow name="{$fieldName}" value="{$value}" required="true"
            label="{{ phrase('location') }}"
            hint="{{ phrase('required') }}" />
    </xf:if>

Add the bit in red: Change text to your preference ;)
Rich (BB code):
<xf:if is="$xf.options.registrationSetup.requireLocation">
        <xf:textboxrow name="{$fieldName}" value="{$value}" required="true"
            explain="Please enter your full address for my sanity, no zipcodes!"
            label="{{ phrase('location') }}"
            hint="{{ phrase('required') }}" />
    </xf:if>

That's all :)

Thank you - but that was not the question. I have 'Location required' enabled currently.

The issue is that I want to place some text after the box - warning people to put in a straight city/state location - else I will bounce their application - as I am sick of getting zip codes and otherwise incoherent trash in that field because everyone is worried about their personal information. I just want to enter some text to the Registration Page - that's all.

Thanks,
//sse
Like this example?

locationphrase.webp

Make it anything you want, here:

editlocphrase.webp

Ah! Beautiful. Thanks so much - very much appreciated!

I should add this reminds of once having had a graduate school instructor who was asked about a take home test we were supposed to do - limited to two pages, single spaced. Someone asked him "....so if we make it four pages, is that ok?" and his response was "...Sure - we'll read the first two, tear off the back two and grade you on that." Heh heh heh...

//sse

Yeah what I posted above will do that, also that phrase edit will change it for all places that use the "location" phrase so I wouldn't suggest using that after thinking about it for a moment. :p

Yeah what I posted above will do that, also that phrase edit will change it for all places that use the "location" phrase so I wouldn't suggest using that after thinking about it for a moment. :p

Is that possible to do with the email address also (as I would like to tell them that they have to have a valid email email address, etc)?

There's also this, sorry it's not what you asked thought you might want to take look.

Top Bottom