Adding Meta Tag Keywords

But I would like to have a longer Board-Title in order to improve on the SEO.
Am I wrong in my thinking ?
The title is like a brand name. Best I think when concise and to the point.

What happens to SEO if my Board-Title says "myDomain.com" ? Is this bad for SEO ?
I doubt it, just a bit pointless. - it looks better as a name. Unless the domain name is the name although even then it's realy done

See http://www.comparethemarket.com/ The brand/icon is Compare The Market.com but the title of the site is Compare The Market TM.

still do not get it why there is no differentiation between "Website Board Title" and the "Board Title" which is used in E-mails.

Board Title is only used as the email "from" if you have not set a Default Email Sender Name in email options.

What exactly do you mean by "Website Board Title" - I wasn't even aware of the two different things, I know Board Title is in basic Board Options, where is Website Board Title ?

not correct.

In what way? I have this in email options:

Default Email Sender Name:_____________
If specified, emails sent by XenForo will default to being from this name. If no value is entered, the board name will be used.

Or is the Board Name different to the Board Title ?

text in E-mail:
Thomas, Markus started a new personal conversation with you at "board title"

Now when "board title" is very loooong (many words), then it shows very looong in the E-mails as well.
Which is rather confusing for the user, especially at the "initial E-mail" which users are receiving when they sign-up to your website and need to click the Link in the E-mail (confirmation-link).

This is the solution:
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/modify-title-without-changing-board-title.60244/

Meaning:
- being able to have a "short word" (e.g.: "domain.com") for "Board Title" in E-mails via "ACP > Home > Options > Basic Board Information > Board Title"
- still being able to have a looooong "Board Title" (many words) at the website for SEO via "Template Edit at PAGE CONTAINER"

:cool:

Ideally, XenForo should add an additional field in order for webmasters to define an "E-mail Board Title" in addition to the normal "Website Board Title" at "ACP > Home > Options > Basic Board Information > Board Title"

Last edited:
- still being able to have a looooong "Board Title" (many words) at the website for SEO via "Template Edit at PAGE CONTAINER"

I think if you do that it will be very bad for SEO, every page of your forum will have the same title :eek:

I'm still not sure why you want a loooong title, Google will only display a bit of it then.

I think if you do that it will be very bad for SEO, every page of your forum will have the same title :eek:

as far as I can see.... every page is including the "board title" by default already (in addition to the "thread title").
So why should it be very bad for SEO ?

I'm still not sure why you want a loooong title, Google will only display a bit of it then.

my main point is:
to have a "short" Board-Title in E-mails.

As it is rather confusing for the user when you show 10 or 15 words as "Board Title" in E-mails.

Example-text in E-mail:
Thomas, Markus started a new personal conversation with you at "board title"
Thomas, Markus started a new personal conversation with you at "Shopping-Center.com - Beauty, Lipstick, Business Center, Handbags for Woman, No Kitten for you, Marketplace for Girls, Blah Blah Blah,"

:coffee:

Last edited:
as far as I can see.... every page is including the "board title" by default already (in addition to the "thread title").
So why should it be very bad for SEO ?

Say Google has listed a thread on your forum. The title shown in the SERP snippet will be the thread title (the length of which you have no control over unless you edit all your members' thread titles), followed by your long board title.

The whole thing will therefore be very very long. Guidelines for a title are 512 pixels, which can be between 40 - 70 characters I think.

Say Google has listed a thread on your forum. The title shown in the SERP snippet will be the thread title (the length of which you have no control over unless you edit all your members' thread titles), followed by your long board title.

The whole thing will therefore be very very long. Guidelines for a title are 512 pixels, which can be between 40 - 70 characters I think.

whatever the "SEO guidelines". I do not care. :cautious:

I just want to have a rather "short" Board-Title in E-mails compared to a rather "long" Board-Title at the website......

:)

whatever the "SEO guidelines". I do not care. :cautious:

So have we been wasting our time answering your questions about SEO?

Remember, you said this earlier:

so for the "Board Meta Description", what should I put into this field ?
I mean: what is the best for SEO ?

But I would like to have a longer Board-Title in order to improve on the SEO.
Am I wrong in my thinking ?

What happens to SEO if my Board-Title says "myDomain.com" ? Is this bad for SEO ?

Last edited:
Top Bottom