XF 1.2 Adding individual category icons to nodes?

Do @Brogan's posts in that thread not point you in the right direction? It's not about finding some code that works, the code clearly does work. It's about adjusting the CSS and the images you're using accordingly.

Chances are the images are too big and need to be made smaller. Or the container the images are in are too small so you adjust the CSS of those until you can see the whole image.

Do @Brogan's posts in that thread not point you in the right direction? It's not about finding some code that works, the code clearly does work. It's about adjusting the CSS and the images you're using accordingly.
It "works." But going to Style Properties and changing the node height and width size didn't work - I set the requirements to 48px x 48x - and that broke the actual modification.
Or the container the images are in are too small so you adjust the CSS of those until you can see the whole image.
That's what I did!
I like Shelley's works, but that does not appeal to me.

Are you being serious? o_O
Yes, I am being serious.
That guide tells you exactly what you are asking about.
No, it's not. It'll just "add" one more image next to the icons. I want to replace the current icons with custom ones, which is what this does:
Code:
/* custom status icons */

/* node id 2*/
.node .node_2 .forumNodeInfo .nodeIcon, .node .node_2 .categoryForumNodeInfo .nodeIcon {
    background-image: url("@imagePath/xenforo/widgets/forum-read-2.png");
}
.node .node_2 .forumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon, .node .node_2 .categoryForumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon {
    background-image: url("@imagePath/xenforo/widgets/forum-unread-2.png");
}
/* node id 7*/
.node .node_7 .forumNodeInfo .nodeIcon, .node .node_7 .categoryForumNodeInfo .nodeIcon {
    background-image: url("@imagePath/xenforo/widgets/forum-read-7.png");
}
.node .node_7 .forumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon, .node .node_7 .categoryForumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon {
    background-image: url("@imagePath/xenforo/widgets/forum-unread-7.png");
}
/* node id 15*/
.node .node_15 .forumNodeInfo .nodeIcon, .node .node_15 .categoryForumNodeInfo .nodeIcon {
    background-image: url("@imagePath/xenforo/widgets/forum-read-15.png");
}
.node .node_15 .forumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon, .node .node_15 .categoryForumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon {
    background-image: url("@imagePath/xenforo/widgets/forum-unread-15.png");
}
Which is meant for 1.x [RC1].
You can use any images you need. You can replace the Shelley graphics with whatever you like...
I know that.

Yes, I am being serious.

No, it's not. It'll just "add" one more image next to the icons. I want to replace the current icons with custom ones, which is what this does:
Code:

/* node id 2*/
.node .node_2 .forumNodeInfo .nodeIcon, .node .node_2 .categoryForumNodeInfo .nodeIcon {
}
.node .node_2 .forumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon, .node .node_2 .categoryForumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon {
}
/* node id 7*/
.node .node_7 .forumNodeInfo .nodeIcon, .node .node_7 .categoryForumNodeInfo .nodeIcon {
}
.node .node_7 .forumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon, .node .node_7 .categoryForumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon {
}
/* node id 15*/
.node .node_15 .forumNodeInfo .nodeIcon, .node .node_15 .categoryForumNodeInfo .nodeIcon {
}
.node .node_15 .forumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon, .node .node_15 .categoryForumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon {
}
Which is meant for 1.x [RC1].

I know that.

Stop being so rude and speaking down to people like that when they are helping you out.

What's actually the issue? Your able to added each image and define a height for each image on the secondary node icons.

For example I just applied 96px square images so I increase the padding and defined the height for each node as you can see in the example.

Code:
.node .nodeText {padding-left: 100px;}

.nodeList .node_2 .nodeText{ background: url("@imagePath/xenforo/icons/node2.png") no-repeat scroll left transparent;
height: 96px;}   
.nodeList .node_3 .nodeText{ background: url("@imagePath/xenforo/icons/node3.png") no-repeat scroll left transparent;
.nodeList .node_7 .nodeText{ background: url("@imagePath/xenforo/icons/node7.png") no-repeat scroll left transparent;

The output of that is as follows.
Screenshot_13.webp

What's actually the issue?
The issue is that, when I implemented this code on 1.2:
Code:

/* node id 2*/
}
}
/* node id 7*/
}
}
/* node id 15*/
}
}
The unread icons looks "fine" but the read icons are cut off from the container - to the left, so this icon:
forum-unread-45.png.webp
Looks like it's broke in half - only the right side of that image is visible.
Your able to added each image and define a height for each image on the secondary node icons.
But I don't want secondary node icons...!
The output of that is as follows.
View attachment 59493
I know that. It's not the result I want.

Yes, I am being serious.

I know that.

The below works just fine on my 1.2.x series forms (3 of them)
Code:
.node.node_83 .forumNodeInfo .nodeIcon, .node.node_83 .categoryForumNodeInfo .nodeIcon {
    background-image: url("images/nodes/aprilia.png");
    background-position: 0px 0px;
    opacity: 0.4;
}
.node.node_73 .forumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon, .node.node_83 .categoryForumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon {
    background-image: url("images/nodes/aprilia.png");
}

/* BMW Bikes */
.node.node_55 .forumNodeInfo .nodeIcon, .node.node_55 .categoryForumNodeInfo .nodeIcon {
    background-image: url("images/nodes/bmw.png");
    opacity: 0.4;
}
.node.node_55 .forumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon, .node.node_55 .categoryForumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon {
    background-image: url("images/nodes/bmw.png");
}

screenshot.webp

I have a separate entry that if they are unread changes the opacity to 1.0.

Are you using one of Arty's styles?

Could you post one of the read icons in your post your having issue with? It could be that the read icon is larger and is being cropped. I haven't tested this since I haven't got that TM installed but you could define the height of the read image/icon.

Why on earth would we think you want to replace your node icons when you linked to a thread specifically about adding secondary node icons?
Because the person had the same issue as I do. Only different circumstances.
could you post one of the read icons in your post your having issue with? It could be that the read icon is larger and is being cropped. I haven't tested this since I haven't got that TM installed but you could define the height of the read image/icon.
I know, I did that. But it didn't go as planned. So, now I'm looking at this new code by Perry in 5-8 hours from now. I'm sleepy.

Thanks @Tracy Perry, that's EXACTLY what I wanted my icons to be positioned. I'll take a look at this - once I wake up from my sleep. Me go to sleep now! :)
Don't thank me... I got the code from some of @Shelley's postings with help from @Brogan and a few others. @Shelley is one of the CSS guru's when it comes to styling and if you clearly explain what is wanted she can usually figure it out (or already has!).

Don't thank me... I got the code from some of @Shelley's postings with help from @Brogan and a few others. @Shelley is one of the CSS guru's when it comes to styling and if you clearly explain what is wanted she can usually figure it out (or already has!).
Now I'm embarrassed! :oops: I'm sorry, @Shelley if you felt hurt or anything like that. Not intended. :(
Are you using one of Arty's styles?
Just caught this. Yes. I am. The latest version of one of his skins. Yes.

Top Bottom