• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Adding ads to forum categories

Rho Delta

So, as I am currently a project leader at this forum, let me introduce it :).

Recently we converted from vBulletin the biggest russian forum about houses, cottages, construction, householding and other related stuff. And here it is — http://www.forumhouse.ru :).

Currently we have more than 2,000,000 posts and about 100,000 daily visits. And we are expecting a stable growing in the coming months.
How did you do the small ads next to your forum categories?

Pepelac

There is a template hook hook, which I asked Kier for — node_forum_level_2_before_lastpost. And behind this all is ads add-on which I've made.

Rho Delta

There is a template hook hook, which I asked Kier for — node_forum_level_2_before_lastpost. And behind this all is ads add-on which I've made.
Didn't quite follow what you mean there, can you show me an image with annotations of how you accomplished this?

Pepelac

how you accomplished this?
As there is no special ad template for such banners, I asked developers to add new template hook, which can be used by add-ons to include some data into template.

And as I wrote, I've made special add-on to show ads. That add-on uses that template hook (node_forum_level_2_before_lastpost) to display banners next to forum categories.

Without such add-on you can add such banners only manually by editing template node_forum_level_2 or by creating your own add-on.

Rho Delta

As there is no special ad template for such banners, I asked developers to add new template hook, which can be used by add-ons to include some data into template.

And as I wrote, I've made special add-on to show ads. That add-on uses that template hook (node_forum_level_2_before_lastpost) to display banners next to forum categories.

Without such add-on you can add such banners only manually by editing template node_forum_level_2 or by creating your own add-on.
Have you released your add on here? If not can you? :D