1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Add Unlimited Custom Sidebars [Paid] [Deleted]

Discussion in 'Add-on Releases' started by borbole, Jul 23, 2012.

1. borbole

borbole Well-Known Member

borbole submitted a new resource:

Add Unlimited Custom Sidebars (version 1.0) - Add Unlimited Custom Sidebars

Read more about this resource...

iTuN3r likes this.
  2. MOZ

MOZ Well-Known Member

Does this come with some premade sideblocks?

3. borbole

No, there are no premade blocks. At a later time I am planning to integrate my sidebar recent posts and threads mods built in and a few other extra things.

ArnyVee likes this.
  4. Andy.N

Andy.N Well-Known Member

What is the difference bw this and xfrock Widgets Framework? tks

borbole likes this.
  5. borbole

I am not familiar with that mod as I do not use it but from its description the difference with my mod, as far as I could see, is that that mod adds pre made blocks like recent posts, threads etc. Whereas with my mod you can add custom sidebars with all kind of contents and there is no limit to how many custom sidebars you can add.

6. Andy.N

Andy.N Well-Known Member

Ah, I see. I thought you know that addon and decides to make your own which means there must be differences.
    Widget Frameworks allow you to add any number of sidebar block outside of the default ones. You can make a block that use HTML or PHP which covers almost everything.
    It integrates well with Xenporta and other addons.

Just FYI.

HenrikHansen and borbole like this.
  7. borbole

I was not familiar at all with that other add on. I coded mine this afternoon as a custom request for an user here.

This one can come in handy for all those users who want something light and stand alone that does not require a framework.

8. NDM

NDM Member

Thanks for this add-on. I bought it a few days back from you. I wonder if you know a way to display the sidebars within another template. I use the dark kotomi add-on to publish custom content and it is easy, for example, to include the share this page sidebar by just using <xen:include template="sidebar_share_page" />

I wonder if you know a way how I could include all of the side-bars within the dark kotomi add-on as it would be very useful to show all sitebads on all custom pages I create.

I tried something like <xen:include template="borbole_sidebars_template" /> but I guess I would have to add something to the dark kotomi code to make it work.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for this great add-on.

9. borbole

I am not familiar with the script that you mention to be able to give you a precise answer.

10. NDM

NDM Member

I wonder if it is possible to show the sidebars also on XenForo pages instead of just on forum main. If so, could you let me know how I would include it on pages?

11. borbole

12. Donny

Donny Active Member

Can this be enabled site-wide?

13. borbole

Do you mean if they can display globally on every page? If that is what you meant, then no, it does not do that.

14. Donny

Donny Active Member

Yes I did mean that. Thanks for your reply.
    I'll see what I can find that does what I need.

15. iTuN3r

iTuN3r Well-Known Member

16. borbole

Do you mean if you can receive an email when a new version is released?

17. iTuN3r

iTuN3r Well-Known Member

Where do we download new version from ?

18. borbole

I will email it to you.

19. Milo

Milo Member

Hi. This add-on looks perfect for my needs. What are you allowed to use in the custom sidebars? Is it just html and js?

borbole likes this.
  20. borbole

Yes, you can use simple text, html and js as well.