Add Unlimited Custom Sidebars [Paid] [Deleted]

borbole

borbole submitted a new resource:

Add Unlimited Custom Sidebars (version 1.0) - Add Unlimited Custom Sidebars

This mod will allow you to create unlimited custom sidebar blocks on the fly.

Installation: First unzip the mod package and ftp the library folder inside to the root of your forum folder. Then go to your Acp->Add-ons->Install New Add-on->Install from uploaded file:
Click the Browse button, locate the addon.xml file inside the mod package and hit the Install Add On button.

Then on the moderator bar on top of your forum you will see a new link that says: Custom Sidebar Blocks.

Click it and...

Read more about this resource...

What is the difference bw this and xfrock Widgets Framework? tks

I am not familiar with that mod as I do not use it but from its description the difference with my mod, as far as I could see, is that that mod adds pre made blocks like recent posts, threads etc. Whereas with my mod you can add custom sidebars with all kind of contents and there is no limit to how many custom sidebars you can add.

I am not familiar with that mod as I do not use it but from its description the difference with my mod, as far as I could see, is that that mod adds pre made blocks like recent posts, threads etc. Whereas with my mod you can add custom sidebars with all kind of contents and there is no limit to how many custom sidebars you can add.
Ah, I see. I thought you know that addon and decides to make your own which means there must be differences.
Widget Frameworks allow you to add any number of sidebar block outside of the default ones. You can make a block that use HTML or PHP which covers almost everything.
It integrates well with Xenporta and other addons.

Just FYI.

Ah, I see. I thought you know that addon and decides to make your own which means there must be differences.
Widget Frameworks allow you to add any number of sidebar block outside of the default ones. You can make a block that use HTML or PHP which covers almost everything.
It integrates well with Xenporta and other addons.

Just FYI.

I was not familiar at all with that other add on. I coded mine this afternoon as a custom request for an user here.

This one can come in handy for all those users who want something light and stand alone that does not require a framework.

Thanks for this add-on. I bought it a few days back from you. I wonder if you know a way to display the sidebars within another template. I use the dark kotomi add-on to publish custom content and it is easy, for example, to include the share this page sidebar by just using <xen:include template="sidebar_share_page" />

I wonder if you know a way how I could include all of the side-bars within the dark kotomi add-on as it would be very useful to show all sitebads on all custom pages I create.

I tried something like <xen:include template="borbole_sidebars_template" /> but I guess I would have to add something to the dark kotomi code to make it work.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for this great add-on.

I wonder if it is possible to show the sidebars also on XenForo pages instead of just on forum main. If so, could you let me know how I would include it on pages?

Yes I did mean that. Thanks for your reply.
I'll see what I can find that does what I need.

Top Bottom