1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Add Secondary Usergroup to User Upgrades?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by DRE, Oct 4, 2013.

1. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

I created a premium usergroup and manually promoted members by selecting the premium usergroup in their profile as a secondary usergroup. A couple months later I decided to use User Upgrades so that they can upgrade their account themselves by buying a paid subscription. The first paid subscription only lasts 8 months.

How do I get the manually promoted members on that 8 month schedule without them having to pay for anything again through List User Upgrades?

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

When you manually upgrade a user you can set the end date.

3. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

What do you mean by manually upgrade? The only way I know of manually doing that to go their account checking a secondary usergroup.

4. Brogan

upgrade.png

DRE likes this.
  5. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

wtf............

6. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Wow it works. Xenforo is so powerful sometimes.

7. Brogan

Really?

I had no idea...

Jeremy and DRE like this.
  8. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

This doesn't work all the time. I'll upgrade my site to 1.2.2 and try again.

9. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

This does work all the time. Did you give a user an upgrade and then manually remove them from the secondary user group?

10. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

My users were already in that usergroup so I removed them then re-added them. Didn't work for all so I checked the secondary usergroup. Crosses fingers it works.