Add "save and restore" as button when editing notice

I don't really see a use for this. Members can do this in Preferences:
Restore dismissed notices
Any notices you have previously dismissed will be restored to view if you check this option.

And if you, as admin, had say a seasonal announcement that was dismissible, you would just create a new one the next season. That, or make it non-dismissible. If the same exact notice I dismissed kept reappearing, I would not like that, as a user.

And if you, as admin, had say a seasonal announcement that was dismissible, you would just create a new one the next season. That, or make it non-dismissible. If the same exact notice I dismissed kept reappearing, I would not like that, as a user.
Maybe you have a certain use case?
I do have a certain use case. I reuse notices on a monthly basis for updating members about our monthly photo contest phases. Right now, we're in the voting phase, which is what you see in the screenshot. They can dismiss the notice but next month the notice will become relevant again. Deleting and remaking it wouldn't make sense in my case.

1667957257213.webp

Technically the notice is different, November is now, December is a new one. All you have to do is create it each month and they can dismiss it.

All you have to do is create it each month
I get your sentiment but "all you have to do" doesn't really make sense. All I do now is turn the notice back on. It already has my HTML and text in it, ready to go. Deleting it to make a new one would be like me deleting this thread so I can edit my first post by creating a new thread, rather than just using the edit button, lol.

"Copy notice" would be a feature that could work.
I don't understand how you think my notice needs to be deleted in this case. I think you might be confused on how they can be used the way I use them. Deleting my notices does not make sense. XF has a "reset" button on the top right of the page when you're editing the notice, for exactly what I'm doing. My suggestion is to combine that button with saving any other configurations you changed while you were in there.

Who Knows Idk GIF by MOODMAN

Here you go

You can suggest a monthly or manual option for that add-on. Andy is very receptive to good suggestions.

Last edited:
I would certainly have a use for this, why not go one stage further and have Save, enable and reset?

I have a notice announcing upcoming maintenance closures, generally it’s the same notice but I edit the time of the closure.

Last edited:
I have now experienced your use case and voted for this. I have a notice I use for various general announcements in the header and I just change the wording and link. One announcement was dismissible, the one after was not. This new one is but if I change it to dismissible then the user settings from before apply. Would be so much easier to reset, as you say.

Top Bottom