XF 1.5 add ons installed in default style

Huskermax

So we just added ad manager and I noticed that all the ads are in the default style as well. So I looked and all the add ons we have are in the default style. I installed all add ons through the admin manager. So why is it installing them in the default style? How can I revert the default back to default?

will that take out all the add ons that the add on manager installed in default as well? I don't see a place in admin to do that other then import the style again from the original download.

I was just questioning your phrase "default back to default" because it made no sense to me.

Any addon you install will apply to all styles you have, as Andy said.

Normally the add-ons install in the Master Style which is hidden unless you invoke debug mode. The Default Style and any other styles you have will inherit from the Master Style.

Well crap, I must have made the default style the master then.

I have the default then the main one I use. So just two styles. I have the default set to user can not choose and it is not set as the default style. The main style is not a child style either. It was imported from VB so maybe it was made the master along with the default during the import.

Well crap, I must have made the default style the master then.

I suspect you're not understanding what a Master Style is.

Notice the Development tab, you only see that when in debug mode.

upload_2017-2-14_16-42-41.webp

To enable debug mode add this to your config.php file:

PHP:
$config['debug'] = true;

You don't. Addons apply to all styles.

You cannot import a vBulletin style into xenForo.

I suspect you're not understanding what a Master Style is.

Notice the Development tab, you only see that when in debug mode.

View attachment 148249

To enable debug mode add this to your config.php file:

PHP:
$config['debug'] = true;

I added this to config so I can see it. If as @Mr Lucky said if addons apply to all styles then I really can't fix it. I will see addons in any style I use? Correct?

What is it you are trying to achieve?

Is it that you want users to be able to choose a style that has no ads, or that you want certain users to not see any ads?

If it is the latter then this can be done via permissions or conditionals

What is it you are trying to achieve?

Is it that you want users to be able to choose a style that has no ads, or that you want certain users to not see any ads?

If it is the latter then this can be done via permissions or conditionals

I would prefer a style with no ads so I can use it to trouble shoot something. If the problem is from an addon I need a blank style with no addons to see if that is the issue. If I can't do that then if I can add conditionals in the ad manager ad on then I will. Since the ads slow down my computer and crash the browser so it makes it hard to do any maintenance on it. (I am not in charge of the ads on the site)

You will need to post in the thread of the add-on you are using for ads to determine how to prevent them from displaying in a particular style.

Generally conditional statements are applied to templates but we don't know how the ad manager add-on works so won't be able to suggest what to try.

You will need to post in the thread of the add-on you are using for ads to determine how to prevent them from displaying in a particular style.

Generally conditional statements are applied to templates but we don't know how the ad manager add-on works so won't be able to suggest what to try.

It would be nice to have a master style that the add on manager does not install addons too. I will see if it has been requested .

I would prefer a style with no ads so I can use it to trouble shoot something. If the problem is from an addon I need a blank style with no addons to see if that is the issue. If I can't do that then if I can add conditionals in the ad manager ad on then I will. Since the ads slow down my computer and crash the browser so it makes it hard to do any maintenance on it. (I am not in charge of the ads on the site)

OK, so as an admin you can create a style that only you see.

That is easy, you just make it not viewable to users, ie untick allow user selection

But you can still see it, you have a style that only admins can see.

In the Ad Manager permissions, you make it so your admin user group doesn't see the ads.

So when you view that style, you will be seeing it without the ads and can therefore troubleshot.

OK, so as an admin you can create a style that only you see.

That is easy, you just make it not viewable to users, ie untick allow user selection

But you can still see it, you have a style that only admins can see.

In the Ad Manager permissions, you make it so your admin user group doesn't see the ads.

So when you view that style, you will be seeing it without the ads and can therefore troubleshot.

OK, thanks I will give it a try.

Top Bottom