Add-ons deprecated by xf v1.4 core functionality

Mouth

Is there already a list of add-ons whose functionality has been deprecated by xf v1.4 core?

Think there was a thread on what's working and what's not that had it.

Off the top of my head foolbothoneypot and reply ban. As well as if there was a plugin for key captcha. Um the rt online status ribbon.

I'm not sure there needs to be a list.

This is almost everything in XenForo 1.4:
https://xenforo.com/community/forums/have-you-seen/?prefix_id=35

You should know from that which of your own add-ons you can remove.

It's not always fair to say an add-on is completely deprecated. I can't think of a specific 1.4 example, but occasionally add-ons continue to be maintained as further enhancements to the new core features so in many respects a list would be unfair.

Actually, there potentially is a 1.4 example. It is true that XenForo now includes a honeypot system to catch spammers, but FoolBotHoneyPot has a pretty good anti bot API behind it which may catch spammers that haven't even touched the honey pots, so you could say it has been deprecated, but then that wouldn't be fair to say based on its other functionality (and much more advanced and comprehensive logging, incidentally).

Actually, there potentially is a 1.4 example. It is true that XenForo now includes a honeypot system to catch spammers, but FoolBotHoneyPot has a pretty good anti bot API behind it which may catch spammers that haven't even touched the honey pots, so you could say it has been deprecated, but then that wouldn't be fair to say based on its other functionality (and much more advanced and comprehensive logging, incidentally).

Problem is it doesn't work with 1.4 without at least modifications. Tenants will no longer even speak on the matter. He just quotes himself even if the question is about changing it to just logging etc. It appears he not only won't likely update it but won't even discuss it anymore.

To be honest, I wasn't aware of that and if it's true that's disappointing, but you get the idea. Maybe my example was flawed, but it can apply to other features and add-ons.

You should know from that which of your own add-ons you can remove.
It's not always fair to say an add-on is completely deprecated.
Agreed. Except having a list rather than watching all 1.4 HYS's could be useful.
And it could also be informational, giving whether it was completely deprecated or partially.

That's still a call that should be made by yourself to be honest. You really should watch the HYS. What if it implements something that wasn't an add on already? You might miss important functionality that you wouldn't know exists.

Anyway. There is no comprehensive list so the HYS threads are all you have to gauge it on.

Problem is it doesn't work with 1.4 without at least modifications. Tenants will no longer even speak on the matter. He just quotes himself even if the question is about changing it to just logging etc. It appears he not only won't likely update it but won't even discuss it anymore.

This is disappointing. In fact, it appears he hasn't paid much attention to any of his add-ons at all lately. Sad for those that paid and supported the process of development over the years. Reeks of Jaxel type support now.

Top Bottom