It would be a nice addition to have a Merge Threads function in the Thread Tools drop down menu.
Hi Chris,For merge threads to function, you need to have two or more threads selected via inline moderation. Otherwise there's no way of knowing which thread you want to merge into.
You can reduce the drastically:Another YES for this functionality.
A thread has been reported, it's a duplicate or I want to merge it into another. I have too....
1. Click and open the thread from the report (not functionality to select the thread from the /report/ URL!)
2. Exit the thread and go back to it's forum.
3. Scan the forum titles to find the thread that I was in from step 1, and tick to select it.
4. Use search to find the matching/target thread that I want to merge it into.
5. From search, click the thread to open (because, like Report, I cannot select the thread from search results)
6. Exit the thread and go back to it's forum.
7. Scan the forum titles to find the thread that I was in from step 1, and tick to select it and perform the merge.
7 steps, very manual and intensive, just to merge the threads together.
Please make this a much easier and friendly user experience in XF!