Add Indicator after node title

Add Indicator after node title

no, I mean the nose at the left.
Do you see the difference ?

View attachment 44424

:)

Try the following (hope you don't mind CyberAP)

I haven't looked on applying the radius on the left hand side. But I'd suggest tinkering with it.

Code:
.nodeInfo.unread .nodeTitle:after {
  content: "NEW";
  display: inline-block;
  line-height: 14px;
  height: 14px;
  vertical-align: 2px;
  margin-left: 5px;
  padding: 0 5px;
  border-left: 7px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0);
  border-radius: 2px;
  background-color: red;
  background-color: hsla(0,0%,0%,0);
  background-image: -webkit-linear-gradient(#F00, #F00), -webkit-linear-gradient(45deg, rgba(0, 0, 0, 0) 50.5%, #F00 50.5%), -webkit-linear-gradient(-45deg, rgba(0, 0, 0, 0) 50.5%, #F00 50.5%);
  background-image: -moz-linear-gradient(#F00, #F00), -moz-linear-gradient(45deg, rgba(0, 0, 0, 0) 50.5%, #F00 50.5%), -moz-linear-gradient(-45deg, rgba(0, 0, 0, 0) 50.5%, #F00 50.5%);
  background-image: linear-gradient(#F00, #F00), linear-gradient(135deg, rgba(0, 0, 0, 0) 50.5%, #F00 50.5%), linear-gradient(45deg, rgba(0, 0, 0, 0) 50.5%, #F00 50.5%);
  background-clip: padding-box, border-box, border-box;
  background-origin: padding-box, border-box, border-box;
  background-size: auto auto, 20px 100%, 20px 100%;
  background-repeat: repeat, repeat-y, repeat-y;
  background-position: 0 0, 0 21px, 0 21px;
  color: #FFF;
  font-size: 9px;
  text-shadow: 0 1px 1px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.35);
}

how to center this red-colored item horizontally, so that it is centered with the Node-text ?
Currently it looks to be attached to the bottom somehow.....

I have tried to use "line-height: 15px" , but that did not work out.....

how to center this red-colored item horizontally, so that it is centered with the Node-text ?
Currently it looks to be attached to the bottom somehow.....

I have tried to use "line-height: 15px" , but that did not work out.....

That's going to be a little tricky. Perhaps CyberAP can jump in on this one.

Try playing with vertical-align property. Currently it is 2px but you may set your own number or even a text value like: middle, top, bottom, sub, text-bottom, text-top, etc.

I'll probably re-open registrations via moderation soon but i seriously don't want to have to deal with 1 word posted spammy members who try to make up 10 posts to by pass downloading resources as they usually get instantly banned and i'm cleaning up their mess.

Perhaps open it up soon. :)

Hi Shelley,

I am not sure what is the best way to get in touch with you ?
I have send you a message via the "Contact Form" at your website....... hope you received it.

Hi Shelley,

I am not sure what is the best way to get in touch with you ?
I have send you a message via the "Contact Form" at your website....... hope you received it.

I'll check my e-mail for this account tomorrow when I'm a little more wide-eyed enrich. :)

The only problem - the guests on my site see all forums with 'New'. Is there a way to make this available only to the logged in members?

The only problem - the guests on my site see all forums with 'New'. Is there a way to make this available only to the logged in members?

I'm sure it's possible but I'm guessing it would require a template or a conditional to be added. Perhaps someone can jump in and help or search the forums as I'm sure I read you can put stuff in extra which might apply to your request.

I love this :) Really helps me see at a glance which sections have been posted in.

I've ended up keeping it on for that exact reason after every intention of removing it once I tired and posted it but it's one f the few enhancements I've kept on.

I am currently using this mod: http://xenforo.com/community/resources/sub-nodes-in-columns.580/

And want new to just appear on my main page after the sub forum instead of below it. Any idea why it is doing this? Thanks for the help!

I've just installed CyberAp's modification and spent some time trying to get this displayed but couldn't manage it (I'll still work on it) but for now I've just inserted this line in which removed them.

Code:
.blockLinksList .nodeTitle:after {display: none;}

Reactions: rdn
I am currently using this mod: http://xenforo.com/community/resources/sub-nodes-in-columns.580/

And want new to just appear on my main page after the sub forum instead of below it. Any idea why it is doing this? Thanks for the help!

Forget my previous post (not sure whether there's any adverse affects with the below solution) try the following it seems to work for me.

Code:
.nodeInfo.unread .nodeTitle:after, body .subForumsPopup .blockLinksList .unread .nodeTitle a:after {
background-color: #ac1212;
color: white;
padding: 1px 5px;
font-size: 8px; }

Forget my previous post (not sure whether there's any adverse affects with the below solution) try the following it seems to work for me.

Code:
.nodeInfo.unread .nodeTitle:after, body .subForumsPopup .blockLinksList .unread .nodeTitle a:after {
background-color: #ac1212;
color: white;
padding: 1px 5px;
font-size: 8px; }

Thank you that worked!

Top Bottom