1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Add icons above Forum , Chat and Members

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by Thibeault, Oct 15, 2013.

1. Thibeault

Thibeault Member

I would like to add icons above Forums, Chat, Members.

As in these forums

On my Forum

Thank you.

Digital Doctor likes this.
  2. Thibeault

Thibeault Member

Up please ?
  3. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

He's modified his template and is using FontAwesome to place the icons there. I'll play around with it on my dev site and if nobody else responds before I figure it out I'll update the thread.
    Thibeault likes this.
  4. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

Not posting the solution, sorry since it's still a w.i.p. But suggesting that you should be aware also that this can be done with zero template edits. So advice here would be using the navtab IDs if you want to limit on the template edits. Below is an example so it's worthwhile looking at doing this via css eliminating the template editing as a possible alternative.

5. Thibeault

Thibeault Member

Ok Thank you ;)
  6. Thibeault

Thibeault Member

My website with a new style : http://codqg.net , i would like to awesome icons above the navLinks :)
  7. SchmitzIT

SchmitzIT Well-Known Member

That looks awesome as always, Shelley :)
  8. Adam Howard

Adam Howard Well-Known Member

@Sheldon seems to be fairly good at customizing font awesome. You may wish to get in touch with him for some customization.
    Thibeault likes this.
  9. Thibeault

Thibeault Member

Can you release the solution please (In Private , if you don't want release the solution in pubic) ?