1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Add Buttons To WYSIWYG Editor

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by Xarcell, May 14, 2012.

1. Xarcell

Xarcell Well-Known Member

I've googled and I've used the search here on the site. I cannot find any instruction on how I can add buttons to the TinyMCE editor. I have the CCS already for the buttons, and I see where to add phrases, but I don't see where to add the actual button.

Can someone point me in the right direction?
  2. dieketzer

dieketzer Well-Known Member

3. ragtek

ragtek Guest

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/adding-own-buttons-to-the-editor-toolbar.18917/ :)

with help of tms it's much easier because you don't need to edit the templates
  4. Xarcell

Thanks ragtek.

I'm unsure about using TMS.
  5. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

Hmm. There does seem to be a reluctance in some people to using TMS. I was sceptical at first but now I'm quite a big advocate of it.

What puts you off?
  6. Xarcell

Search & replace turns me off. The add-on is used to avoid template edits, and is supposed to be easier if xF is updated. What if the searched code after an xF update no longer exists, then the add-on would have to be updated. If the add-on has to be updated, why have TMS in the first place?

I do see how it's better than template hooks though, so I'm just not 100% sold on it.
  7. Xarcell