Add a "home" link to the Media menu?

jauburn

How would I add a "Home" link as the first entry in the Media drop-down menu? This was easy with the "resources" add-on, as there was a separate "links" template. But I couldn't find something similar for Media.

Basically the issue I'm trying to address is this (and it's also an issue with all xenforo elements that are represented in the nav bar): Because a menu drops down when you allow the mouse to hover over Media, you have no idea how to get to the Media main page (home). If the menu is activated, you have to click the word Media twice to get to the main media page!

(What's perhaps even worse, the first entry in the Media drop-down is "mark viewed"--not something you'd want to encourage your users to do, perhaps by mistake, I would imagine.)

Because a menu drops down when you allow the mouse to hover over Media, you have no idea how to get to the Media main page (home). If the menu is activated, you have to click the word Media twice to get to the main media page!
The dropdown only appears if you hover over the arrow on the right hand side of the tab.

Even then, you can still just click the tab once to load the index page.

The dropdown only appears if you hover over the arrow on the right hand side of the tab.

That's not the case here (Chrome & IE 11)

Even then, you can still just click the tab once to load the index page.

That's true, but when a menu has dropped down, the natural reaction is to click something within the menu, not the menu item itself.

If I open Microsoft Word right now and click the File menu, I look within the resulting menu for options. I don't think to click File again.

Top Bottom